latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Email Confirmation pre-registration issue

Home Forums Community Forum Email Confirmation pre-registration issue

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 1:16 am #36689

I am having difficultly properly setting up the email configuration.

When testing, I can successfully initiate and subscribe to paypal. PayPal sends the confirmation email, but the follow-up confirmation email with the username and password from S2member is not sent.

However, when I register a new user separately (not using payal) s2member is sending a confirmation email through support@mydomain.com

I can also send an email from support@mydomain.com using the WP SMTP plugin.

Installed the email log plugin. The logs are picking up emails from the WP SMTP plugin and the S2Member emails when a new user is registered. But the “confirmation email” after a PayPal subscription is not being sent or picked up by the log. It is “ghosted.” Haha.

I’m contemplating applying for Pay Pal pro, as I believe people could register and subscribe at the same time? But that doesn’t solve the inherent issue.

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 7:46 am #36734

Hi Alex.

When there’s a paid registration (signup), s2Member will send the signup confirmation email. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email[/hilite]

That’s besides any email PayPal may also send.

The New User email gets sent after registration (paid or free). [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration -> New User[/hilite]

If one of them is not sent when they should, these articles may help find the reason:
Knowledge Base » Troubleshooting Email Delivery Problems
Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

And keep logging enabled, please, so they help us see if there’s a problem with the transactions. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.