latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Email error in member import

Home Forums Community Forum Email error in member import

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  President LSUDenver 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 4:13 pm #45182

Hello. I’m having trouble trying to import a .csv list of members, using the following headers:

“User ID “,”Username”,”Password”,”First Name”,”Last Name”,”Display Name”,”Paid Subscr. Gateway”,”Last Payment Date”,”Level”,”Email”

My data is parsed in the file this way:

,aarnold,xxx(hidden for public view by me),Adrienne ,Arnold,aarnold,paypal,7/31/2012,level1,xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

The error message I keep getting is:

Line #2. Missing or invalid Email address (); please try again.

Any ideas?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  Cristián Lávaque. Reason: Remove some details

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 2:59 am #45299
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

My data is parsed in the file this way:

,aarnold,xxx(hidden for public view by me),Adrienne ,Arnold,aarnold,paypal,7/31/2012,level1,xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

The error seems to be in the format of your file. You must put the fields in the order that they are in the header of the CSV file. Also, the data you had for User Role was incorrect. level1 needs to be s2member_level1.

I can confirm that the following CSV File would import correctly:

"ID","Username","Password","First Name","Last Name","Display Name","Email","Website","Role"
,"aarnold","thispassword","Adrienne","Arnold","aarnold","xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com","","s2member_level1"

In the future, I would recommend first exporting your current Users, then importing them with your new entries so you have an example of the layout that you need to following to import members.

Posted: Monday Mar 25th, 2013 at 9:14 pm #45691

It worked. Thank you!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.