latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Email submit to reach teaser content

Home Forums Community Forum Email submit to reach teaser content

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Dan Martinez 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 1:34 pm #25332

Hi,

I’m wondering if I can set up S2 Member to work like this (I’m using free but will upgrade to Pro if that’s the way to make this work).

1. Video on home page anyone can watch, to see part two they must:

2. Submit name & email for second video
* should be added as level 0 (can see video 2)
* should be added to mailing list (mail chimp – free member)

3. Pay to join monthly program
* should be added as level 1 (access to all content)
* should be added to mailing list ( mail chimp – full member)

(Can person be moved from one list to another upon signing up?)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 2:17 pm #25341
Eduan
Username: Eduan

I’m afraid s2Member currently doesn’t protect video sections, you could achieve this if you separate the video in 2 files though.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 3:06 pm #25349

Thanks for the reply Eduan,

I have the video in two separate parts, they’ll simply be embedded on the page.

I’m asking how to set up to a) collect the email address and b) add person to level 0 – before giving access to the next page with video two embedded in it.

I hope this is a bit clearer, your reply is much appreciated.

Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 3:25 pm #25355
Eduan
Username: Eduan

So basically only require the email… This is not possible with s2Member alone I’m afraid, just cause s2Member extends WordPress, and WordPress requires a password, username and email as a minimum for a user. :/

Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 3:36 pm #25357

Ok, I thought it may have been possible with the Pro Forms option.

They way I have it set now is an email submit form on the front page (not s2 member related) that redirects to the part two video, from there they can click to become a member, thus submitting username, email etc.

I just wondered if there was a level where we could get them into the s2 system with just an email.

Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 11:23 pm #25387
Dan Martinez
Username: njitc

Mike,

Keep in mind, that the purpose of your form is LEAD CAPTURE, so you want to verify the email address is real. If they provide a bogus email, then it makes sense that you don’t provide the video.

I would change your custom form to also require first/last name and change your s2m settings so that the user does not enter a password upon signup (it will create a temp password). Next, modify the registration email to include the link to the second video and lastly, modify the registration return page to instruct the user that the link to the 2nd video has been emailed to them.

The result is that you have their firstName,lastName, and email address in your database and they get an email with the 2nd link, their username and a temp password for the site. They’ll need the password if they choose to come back to your site and signup as a paid member.

Posted: Sunday Sep 16th, 2012 at 3:12 pm #25513

Thank you for the clear explanation Dan.

The technique with the temp password seems to be exactly what I was looking for.
Also driving home the point of Lead Capture was a real eye opener for me (a developer, not a marketer).

I will report back on how it goes.

Posted: Sunday Sep 16th, 2012 at 5:14 pm #25516

How would I embed a registration form on the sign up page that just requires First Name, Last Name, Email – and it sets an automatic username and password?

Is the functionality available in the pro forms?

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 12:21 am #25539
Dan Martinez

Mike,

If you don’t know how to code PHP pretty well, then you’ll need to get the pro version and use the pro-forms. Here’s a desc. of it: http://www.s2member.com/kb/s2member-pro-forms/

The only thing you can’t set automatically is the username. The password will be emailed to them if you choose to do so via the settings at:

S2member => Registration/Profile fields and options => Allow Custom Passwords during Registration?

However, if you know PHP coding, then you can do anything you want after doing a few source mods.

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 12:23 am #25540

Thanks for the reply Dan, I’m a WordPress theme developer so I’m pretty comfortable with PHP, could you point me in the right direction possibly?

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 12:32 am #25541
Dan Martinez

Mike,

Shoot me an email: daniel.martinez AT njitconsultants DOT com

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.