latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Emailing to Custom Capabilities of a new post

Home Forums Community Forum Emailing to Custom Capabilities of a new post

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 8th, 2012 at 3:16 pm #7646
Nick
Username: cleeveracing

Hi

Something we need to sort out urgently, which may need a big step back and approach with different plugins, etc…

With a new post we want to send out an email (for which we currently use the Email Users plugin). This is fine for the different S2 member levels, but now we need to send out to only certain custom capabilities. Of course Email Users does not do that.

Can anyone suggest something that might do what we want?

Or could another plugin be added to take care of having some extra roles, perhaps?

Thank you

Babs

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Nick.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 3:53 am #7697

Hi Barbara.

You could export your users and in the CSV search for those that have the custom capability you want, and create the list of users for that custom capability.

Or you could try listing those users using the get_users function.
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_users

http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14734#p33168
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15658#p53696

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 1:47 pm #7737
Nick

Thank you for your reply and suggestions, Cristian

And I can see this will do what we need, in a roundabout way. The client was hoping to just click a couple of things within the post itself. Which of course we can do for the Levels, but not for the custom capabilities.

Back to the drawing board for me.

Thanks again

Posted: Friday Mar 9th, 2012 at 5:25 pm #7795

You’re welcome, Barbara.

We’re working on a very improved user management for the coming major release, so I hope that’ll make it easier for you in the future.

Posted: Saturday Mar 10th, 2012 at 9:58 am #7829
Nick

Well I’m going to see if I can create a group of users somehow, those that have the right custom capability, that can be emailed together when a post is published for them only.

Will report back…

When is the next major release likely, Cristian? Approximately

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Nick.
Posted: Saturday Mar 10th, 2012 at 11:55 am #7833
Nick

The solution I have found for this is to install the Category Subscriptions plugin.

Then I have subscribed every member to their relevant category(ies).

This takes care of updating the right members with the right posts.

Thanks for your help on this; and I am glad not to have to change membership plugins.

Babs

Posted: Saturday Mar 10th, 2012 at 1:40 pm #7835

Nice solution. Thanks for sharing it. I’m glad you sorted it out. :)

The major release may be in a month, but it’s not certain yet. We are working on it right now, it’s the main development focus.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.