latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Enable members to earn 'points' for referrals

Home Forums Community Forum Enable members to earn 'points' for referrals

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 1:52 am #15640

We want to give our members a reason to refer others to join us – an incentive.

Let’s say our membership is $30/month, and a current member helps us recruit a new member – we want to give our existing member who helped recruit a new member a $10 credit or coupon or something like that.

Ideally, the credit could be used toward one of our other products – like a video course – or applied toward their normal monthly membership fee.

Another couple of ways to use incentives could be to ‘pay’ for a Facebook like – so we give $5 or something to our members who like us on FB. Or if a member contributes some input (maybe an article) of substantive value, again, we might want to offer an incentive for this.

I think the coupon codes you have can be re-used. (?)

SO: How can we implement this kind of thing? I know some others have done some sort of ‘karma points’ thing, but I’m not sure how they do it. Any ideas would be great. Thank you. -Jon

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:08 pm #15747

Hi there.

That’s a great idea, but I’m afraid it’s not something s2Member does yet.

You can use an affiliate script like iDev to track who refers new members, but tying it s2Member to give him credit he can put toward a new purchase, is something you’d need to customize, either yourself or a developer you hire.

I haven’t studied how this would be done in order to advice you on the best approach, but I am making a note in our to-do about your request for it. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.