latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Encrypting Paypal button FAILS

Home Forums Community Forum Encrypting Paypal button FAILS

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 2:27 am #20369

When using the encrypt paypal butotn feature, the genreated HTML on the page is wrong and missing some required ” and > on the genreated CODE.

Can you please tell me where the files are for this part?

So 3 Failures trying to generate a simple paypal payment button. Pretty ridiculous for a paying system don’t you thing?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 5:13 am #20371

Thomas it would be ridiculous if it were s2member but its not.

You have a plugin conflict interfering with the parsing of the shortcode.

Please disable your plugins one by one until the issue is resolved, start with ultimate shortcodes if your using that

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 9:45 pm #20466

OK… EVERY SINGLE plugin is disabled except S2 and Pro.

STILL SAME outcome.

Is it still not s2?

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 10:11 pm #20468

Thanks for the thumbs down,

I shall remember to only help people that appreciate it

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 11:39 pm #20478

Help? I already knew it wasn’t the plugins, because it has done the paypal error since it was first installed, and s2 was the only thing installed at the time… So, what did you help on?

I don’t even use ultimate shortcodes, but you know what they say about assumptions…

I paid pretty good amount of money, and the S2 staff couldn’t even reply to a system that isn’t even working at ALL..

Thats awesome!

Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 5:13 am #20499

Your rudeness and ignorance are a barrier, and why are you so ungrateful?

I had stopped and taken the time to help you, had you worked with me this problem would have been solved.

So, what did you help on?

By ruling out plugins as a cause and by giving you my precious time

I already knew it wasn’t the plugins

Why didn’t you say that from the start then? How are we supposed to know? Could have saved a reply.

I don’t even use ultimate shortcodes, but you know what they say about assumptions…

Notice the part were I said if your using that? As your problem is still as I said earlier a conflict interfering with the parsing of the shortcode, I’m right to assume its a plugin such as that, as its been well documented on this forum that it causes problems identical to yours

and s2 was the only thing installed at the time…

Really? then the next step would be to look at your theme right? And by following the advice originally given to you when you asked to be payed for finding an issue that didn’t exist.

Are you still hacking the core files? Could be your problem?

Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 6:44 am #20511

Hi Thomas.

I didn’t leave a reply yesterday when I first saw your post, because Philly had already gotten to it and left a correct reply, so I didn’t think it necessary to just repeat what he said.

The problem you repot is normally caused by a plugin or theme messing up the shortcode parsing in some way. And I said “normally” just to leave the possibility open for something else that I don’t know of, but all the previous times some user reported it, it was always a plugin or theme doing it.

You already ruled out the plugins, then you should try changing the theme to the default TwentyEleven and check if the problem persists.

I hope that does the trick. :)

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 5:56 pm #20630

The reason why I was being arrogant, is because I am tired of paying for systems, and when you have a problem, the first thing people do is blame someone else. Take some ownership in your product, and actually help people. If a theme is an an issue, then give me advice where to look for shortcode parsing.
I still don’t understand why “another” system is in charge of parsing your systems shortcode?

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 8:35 pm #20635
Eduan
Username: Eduan

I still don’t understand why “another” system is in charge of parsing your systems shortcode?

I believe the reason for that is because this is a WordPress function, not an s2Member function, and the theme can change this, I believe that’s it. Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 11:54 pm #20643

Yeah, I can understand where you’re coming from and how frustrating it can be. I’m sorry you’ve had bad experiences with this in the past.

About the shortcode parsing, as Eduán said, it’s something that WordPress does. Each plugin defines its own shortcodes, but the parsing is still done by WordPress. Now, some plugins or themes will alter the way WordPress parses the content, and it sometimes is not done completely right and causes this kind of problem.

And the problem may not be in the shortcode parsing itself, but one of the other filters that are applied to the content.

Once you identify which one is affecting the parsing to cause this kind of parsing error, you need to contant the developer for that theme/plugin, showing him what’s happening so he can fix it.

When you tried the default theme, did the parsing problem go away? :)

Could you post a link to the page where you have this problem so I take a look at the resulting HTML, please? Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 7:40 am #21475

Bit confused with all this myself.
This is happening to me (and by the looks of it a few others) as well.

One fix that works is mentioned at the very top of this post – http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-button-fix/

This is not a shortcode issue – as the same html is generated along with the button.

And it appears to happen ONLY with Subscriptions – not Buy Now

So the question is therefore – is this a real fix/bug – or is the line of html meant to be commented out on subscriptions for some reason?

Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 11:27 pm #21586

Right, that is a fix because it removes what’s being wrongly parsed by whatever that’s doing it, but it’s still a parsing problem that’s not present in a new WP installation, so it’s added by a theme/plugin.

If you prefer to edit the button’s template, you can probably remove all HTML comments. And maybe all line-breaks too, since you may be getting those parsed into HTML BR and P tags.

Also remember that if you use the button’s full code in your post, instead of the shortcode, you’ll need a PHP execution plugin for the bits of PHP code there.

It’s better to have parsing working properly and use the shortcode with button encryption enabled. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Enable Button Encryption[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.