latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Encryption

Home Forums Community Forum Encryption

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday May 6th, 2012 at 11:44 am #12765

Can you tell me what type of encryption we use for the collection of payments? Are we able to obtain outside (3rd party secure verification status such as e-verify, etc.)?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 8:26 pm #12856

What gateway are you using, Will? PayPal Standard and Express Checkout, ClickBank, Google Checkout, they take the user to their site and you don’t need to deal with encryption, since you’re not handling the payment information.

You’ll need SSL if you using the pro-forms with PayPal Pro or Authorize.Net, though, ’cause you’ll be getting paid on your site.

Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 11:36 pm #12867

Thanks Cristian. We are using authorize.net, and I have the SSL in progress now. Thank you for your help!!

Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 11:37 pm #12868
Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 11:56 pm #12870

Perhaps you can help with another topic if that’s OK. Our client also wants to set up EOT notifications at 30 and 15 days prior to expiration. I’ve read on your site where that is in the works for the new release. Any news about that release I could pass along? I’ve also read about the hooks. I’ve passed this info on to my developer, but they said that this may create security risks. What are your thoughts?

Posted: Tuesday May 8th, 2012 at 2:33 am #12871

No, we don’t have a date for the new major release. Smaller releases of the current s2Member will come soon and frequent, but the major one is still a little bit off.

Security risks from using hooks for the notifications? I’m not sure I understand.

Most users don’t have an EOT time set when they have a subscription, because the time won’t be set until the subscription ends and the gateway notifies s2Member.

For the reminders customization you’ll have to know until when the subscription was paid and store somewhere when the notification should be sent. Then have a cron job that will check these times and email when necessary.

A simple way of doing it for now, although not super precise, is to add them to a list in a service like MailChimp so the email sequence will send them reminders a few days before each time they’d be billed. Video » s2Member (API List Servers)

I hope that helps.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.