latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Enforcing Terms Agreement with Social Login

Home Forums Community Forum Enforcing Terms Agreement with Social Login

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 27th, 2013 at 6:59 am #43286
Ganaxi
Username: ganaxi

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 7:51 am #43459

Hi Ganaxi.

Well, what you could do is have a conditional that checks if the user agree to the terms and if not, present him with them and have him agree before he can do anything else while logged in.

You can use get_user_field in the conditional. http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/api_functions/package-functions/#src_doc_get_user_field%28%29

You can probably do this with a must-use plugin, the wp-loaded hook and the wp_redirect function.
Knowledge Base » Hacking s2Member® Via Hooks/Filters
http://adambrown.info/p/wp_hooks/hook/wp_loaded
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_redirect

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 11:19 am #43501
Ganaxi

Hi, Cristian,

Thanks for your response.

This looks outside my skill level right now, but I will deal with it when I can.

However, if there is a simpler way (for a non-programmer) to functionally achieve the same outcome (i.e., force users that used Social Login to agree to Terms & Privacy Policy), please let me know.

Ganaxi

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 8:52 am #43599

I’ll ask Jason if there’s a simpler way when registering users with a social login.

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 9:19 am #43602
Ganaxi

Thanks, Christian.

If it is conditionals, I can do it. However, I am not yet conversant with using functions, hooks and filters. And my understanding would be that a significant portion of your customer-base would be in the same boat.

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 4:22 pm #43635
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

If the plugin “Social Login from OneAll” is providing a separate interface for registration; you would need to contact the developer of that plugin and inquire about this possibility. I would ask the developer if it’s possible to use a custom template; and if so, that would be a good road to follow I would think.

On the other hand, if the plugin integrates with the default WP Login/Registration form like s2Member® does, you could simply add a new Custom Registration/Profile Field with s2Member® and make sure it’s associated with “all” Membership Levels (or at the very least, with Membership Level #0) for Free Subscribers.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

(click to enlarge screenshot please)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.