latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Enough timestamps available with s2members?

Home Forums Community Forum Enough timestamps available with s2members?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 5:27 am #9439

Hi again,

I would like to start different subscriptions with s2members, if it can accomplish this.

I understand that with custom capabilities I can separate the content of the different subscription products perfectly.

But are there different timestamps available to start different dripping content poducts? (f.i. timestamp for assigning one customer one special custom capability? – if there would be only the timestamp for buying level 1 for example, I only could use this to unlock weekly content on the website but for later custom capabilities for dripping content that the customer buys how could I let him start again at day 1 for this new content?)?

Dominic

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 6:49 pm #9500

Hello,
so does this mean two (or more) dripping content products with different purchase times are not possible with s2members?
Dominic

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 8:03 pm #9511
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Santiago, thanks for your inquiry.

This is possible with s2Member. Please check under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping for info on how to do this.

You can also check this KBA (Knowledge Base Article) on content dripping:
Knowledge Base » Introduction to Content Dripping in s2Member®.

Please take into account that you will need a plugin like Exec-PHP in order to be able to use content dripping.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 8:09 pm #9513

Hello Eduán,

thank you for your reply.
I have already studied the API Scripting capabilities of s2member.

The only problem is:
How can I sell to one customer more than one newsletter-based (dripping content) product on my site?
(because the timestamp is only available for assignment of “level1” f.e., but when he later buys another dripping content product how could I start this new subscription at this starting point?)

Dominic

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 8:19 pm #9514

ooops, my mistake, sorry!!
I didn’t see the very advanced content dripping possibilities!!

With

$time = s2member_paid_registration_time (“level1”); // … first “paid” registration or upgrade time at Level#1.
$time = s2member_paid_registration_time (“level2”); // … first “paid” registration or upgrade time at Level#2.
$time = s2member_paid_registration_time (“level3”); // … first “paid” registration or upgrade time at Level#3.
$time = s2member_paid_registration_time (“level4”); // … first “paid” registration or upgrade time at Level#4.

in combination with the custom capabilities one can build up to 4 different content dripping products starting at different times. PERFECT.

Your product is the best!!

Thank you again!!
Dominic

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 8:39 pm #9516
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Thanks for the follow-up.

You’re welcome! Thanks for the kudos! And glad I was able to help. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.