latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

EOT Cancel Immediately Upon Account Cancel

Home Forums Community Forum EOT Cancel Immediately Upon Account Cancel

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 18th, 2012 at 8:14 pm #16809
Jeff Agard
Username: tlgc

Is it possible to instantly and automatically demote a users account to a “FREE” account if they “cancel” they subscription with the Paypal Pro-Form Cancellation form?

My site deals with the shipment of physical goods, so my users need to be demoted immediately upon cancel, and not after their currently monthly billing cycle has ended.

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 18th, 2012 at 10:28 pm #16816
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Auto EOT is designed to give the user access for the full time they have paid for, then cancel their access. So if you want to cut them off early, you would either have to manually remove/demote them or use a custom script to process this removal/demotion on cancelation of the payments.

So, yes it is possible, but you will need to have your own code and hook into the cancelation return notifications.

Hope that helps,
Dave

Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 8:20 pm #16947
Jeff Agard
Username: tlgc

Thanks for the reply!

Anybody feel inclined to give me a push in the right direction on this? File(s) that need to be edited?

Thanks

Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 5:12 am #17079

Hi Jeff.

This article helps you with changing user roles via PHP, which you can use in a hack via a hook, or a script via an s2Member notification. Knowledge Base » Changing Roles/Capabilities via PHP

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.