latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

EOT date for subscriptions, not # of days?

Home Forums Community Forum EOT date for subscriptions, not # of days?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Elizabeth 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Dec 13th, 2012 at 8:09 pm #34504

Hello,

I recently started setting up S2 for the first time (free version), and have a question about making the PayPal buttons.

I see that you can can set the EOT for subscriptions to a certain number of days. But I am needing to have an EOT on a certain DATE. This should happen regardless of how many days are left before that EOT date when the user clicks the button.

My specifics:

I run recreational leagues, which have 12-week “seasons”. I’d like to allow players to voluntarily sign up for paid memberships at any time throughout the season. The paid memberships should all expire at the close of each season, and maybe send out a notification with a link to sign up for next season.

I have no problem doing something manually on the actual EOT date (ie: cancel/downgrade everyones subscriptions), but I’m hoping for a “built-in” feature.

Admittedly, I’m a complete noob with this, so I may be asking for something that’s right under my nose, but I’ve been looking for a while now and can’t seem to find a solution.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 12:59 pm #34677

This did the trick for me. We have members that their membership is yearly and expires on the same day every year. This little snippet lets you set the specific date of expiration regardless of when they sign up or renew.

This method requires creating a new directory on your server and saving the snippet as a .php file. The instructions are on this page if you scroll up a bit. The link is the specific code you would need.

http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10100&p=58978#p21726

Posted: Monday Mar 18th, 2013 at 2:03 pm #45066
Elizabeth
Username: kipprsnak

I looked over that version and I wonder is there a way to do this by button without a huge hack? I remember there was one where you could do some math and set the EOT at the button level, I’m just wondering if there is a way to do it when setting the short code. The hack to set everyone to the same date will work for me at the moment, but I have some people who do weekend long access and folks who do three months. It would be great if I could do this per button.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.