latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

EOT demotion issues

Home Forums Community Forum EOT demotion issues

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Maarten Ottens 3 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Dec 3rd, 2013 at 12:14 am #61582
Maarten Ottens
Username: mmott

I set up a site with >3000 users and around 650 members. Most of the users (subscribers) do not have an EOT set since they are imported from a different site. The EOT cron process, however doesn’t demote members, but rather does something to subscribers without an EOT.

I tried to run https://example.com/?s2member_auto_eot_system_via_cron=1 and can see in the wp-http-api-debug.log (that I switched on to see if it would show something, and off again afterwards):

LOG ENTRY: Tue Dec 3rd, 2013 @ precisely 4:40 am UTC
PHP v5.4.10 :: WordPress v3.7.1 :: s2Member v131026 :: s2Member Pro v131026
Memory 26.49 MB :: Real Memory 26.75 MB :: Peak Memory 26.53 MB :: Real Peak Memory 26.75 MB
example.com/?s2member_auto_eot_system_via_cron=1
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0

this is logged because i set up an auto unsubscribe from a mailinglist that shows me it tries to unsubscribe someone from the external mailinglist who is not a level-1 member, but rather a subscriber.

level 1 members whose EOT is in the past are not demoted. I’m just baffled why it tries to demote subscribers. is it because they have no EOT at all? but they are already subscribers, so there is nothing to demote.

I just noticed that it is demoting the subscribers one by one in order of their user id, e.g. 1290, 1291, 1292, et cetera.

Any idea on this?

I also noticed that some users have notes like: Demoted by s2Member: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:07 am UTC

which is odd since that particular person got demoted from subscriber to subscriber and doesn’t have an EOT set

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Dec 3rd, 2013 at 12:50 am #61584
Maarten Ottens
Username: mmott

Resolved the issue.

by setting the number of EOT demotions to 100 and running the EOT cron 20 times i got through the backlog of subscribers without an EOT that s2member wanted to demote to subscriber. After that it started demoting the level 1 members with an actual set EOT.

weird behavior but at least it works now.

see http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/the-automatic-eot-time-appears-to-be-broken/#post-39571
to increase the number of EOT demotions at a time.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.