latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

EOT not downgrading accounts

Home Forums Community Forum EOT not downgrading accounts

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 3:49 am #36934
Tom
Username: halasyt

Wow, I just not noticed that EOT is not downgrading our customers at all. We had it set for 1 year, which has passed for tons of people already, but they are still at subscription level 1.

On their account details page, the Automatic EOT field is showing a past date as expected, but their accounts were not demoted to a free subscriber account.

Help please!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 4:52 am #36940
Tom
Username: halasyt

We are using fixed term 1 year purchases, and I just found a setting in PayPal options -> Automatic EOT behavior -> FIxed Term Extensions (auto extend), and this is set to Yes for me.

I’m guessing this causes the non-demotion, correct? Will this now demote all customers that should have already been demoted, or do I need to run a cron for the demotions to take effect?

Thanks
Tom

Ps. I really think it would be better for you to switch this setting to No by default, as it takes away the point of having fixed term access.

Posted: Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 at 6:01 am #37110
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

On their account details page, the Automatic EOT field is showing a past date as expected, but their accounts were not demoted to a free subscriber account.

We are using fixed term 1 year purchases, and I just found a setting in PayPal options -> Automatic EOT behavior -> FIxed Term Extensions (auto extend), and this is set to Yes for me.

I’m guessing this causes the non-demotion, correct? Will this now demote all customers that should have already been demoted, or do I need to run a cron for the demotions to take effect?

Having fixed-term extensions will NOT adversely affect s2Member’s EOT System. It just means that IF a customer purchases something new, that new purchase will extend any existing access they’ve already purchased in the past. So for instance, if I pay for 1 year of access to your site (a Buy Now purchase), and then I pay for another year (a Buy Now purchase), I now have a full two years, instead of 1 year from the date of my second purchase.

Regarding this problem you’re reporting. It sounds like s2Member’s EOT System is not actually running via WP_Cron yet, on your installation. If that’s the case, and your EOT Times are already set, as you mentioned they were, the only thing to do is turn on s2Member’s Auto-EOT System via WP_Cron, and anyone that has expired in the past will automatically expire within a day or two after you’ve gotten this corrected.

Please confirm for me, what you have configured here:
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.