latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

EOT question

Home Forums Community Forum EOT question

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 3:22 am #28804

On my site I want to offer (non-subscriber) readers a free one month subscription provided they send me a post on the subject of the site.
After that month the subscription should expire. I use the EOT field in the userlist for that.

I would like to inform the user at some time before the subscription expires with an automated email that the subscription is about to expire. Any tips or hints how to set this up regarding automated emails are welcome!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 9:06 am #28829

If the user already has an account, you can just edit his profile to change his role and enter an EOT time. If he doesn’t have an account, you can point him to a free registration pro-form that gives him the paid role and expiration time.

About the reminder, you could work with the List Server integration (AWeber, MailChimp), so that a few days short of the expiration an email is sent to them. So paying users at that level don’t get these reminders, you could put the free trial ones in a different level with the same access, but then only they’d get the emails meant for them. Remember that levels give incremental access, so if your paid level is 1, you could put the trial ones in level 2 (if you’re not using it already), which wouldn’t give any extra content, but would give them access to level 1 content.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.