latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

EOT/renewal time in member details page

Home Forums Community Forum EOT/renewal time in member details page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Dec 13th, 2012 at 3:28 pm #34484

Hi,

I’m interested in purchasing the pro version for a client of mine.
I’m testing the free version but I can’t find a way to add to a wordpress page the member’s EOT.

For example a user subscribes to a monthly plan. When they go to their profile/account page, I want to display options to upgrade or cancel plans and also the time of automatic renewal (in case of recurring membership plans) or time of membership expiry. I understand how the upgrade/cancel buttons work. Can’t find an easy way to display the membership info.

Is this possible in the free or pro version and how can it be done?

I don’t want to use paypal, so it will probably be one of the other payment gateways.

Thanks,
Achilles

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 6:40 am #34631

Hi Achilles.

When they go to their profile/account page, I want to display options to upgrade or cancel plans and also the time of automatic renewal (in case of recurring membership plans) or time of membership expiry.

You can create a page in WP to be the “my account” page or something like that, and display the modify and cancel buttons there, as well as other things.

The EOT time is not available to s2Member, because the membership keeps going until cancelled. It’s when PayPal ends the subscription for whatever reason, that it informs s2Member about it and s2Member sets the EOT time in the user’s account. For this reason, s2Member can’t say when the EOT will happen.

About renewal dates, you could calculate those based on the time the user paid for that access level and what the recurring period is. You can use this to get the paid registration time:

[hilite pre_code]
$time = s2member_paid_registration_time (); // ... first "paid" registration and/or upgrade time.
[/hilite]

These are the same in the free or paid versions of s2Member.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 9:17 am #34654

I would like to display the renewal date to members as well.

What is the difference between EOT and renewal dates? Isn’t it the same thing?

Using the code above I could create a My Account page and list on there Renewal Date: (insert that code there) and that would indicate when they are renewing based on when they registered. Is that correct?

I will be manually adding in several charter members who are already members. I will be doing that all on one day, which will not be their renewal date. Is there a way to use a Custom Field or something and display that to show them when they will be renewing?

Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 3:04 pm #34700
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

What is the difference between EOT and renewal dates? Isn’t it the same thing?

s2Member’s processes save the EOT date ONLY when the user will be revoked access. Therefore, if the user is scheduled to still send payments to your site to keep access, an EOT date is not set.

Using the code above I could create a My Account page and list on there Renewal Date: (insert that code there) and that would indicate when they are renewing based on when they registered. Is that correct?

That’s correct. You can use s2member_paid_registration_time ();, and do a little math to see how long they’ve been registered. You can also use get_user_field(“s2member_last_payment_time”); to get their last payment date.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.