latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

err when activating s2pro

Home Forums Community Forum err when activating s2pro

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  boudewijn lutgerink 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 2:43 am #38299

As soon as I activate s2 on my site I get these errors:
Trying to get property of non-object in E:\…\wwwroot\wp-includes\link-template.php on line 269

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\…\wwwroot\wp-includes\link-template.php on line 281

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\…\wwwroot\wp-includes\link-template.php on line 284

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\…\wwwroot\wp-includes\link-template.php on line 248

So I changed the theme to tenty twelf and when activating s2member then I get:
Notice: Undefined variable: cache_needs_updating in E:\…\wwwroot\wp-content\plugins\s2member\includes\classes\cache.inc.php on line 97

FYI, for clarity I replaced a long path to the files with “…”
For now I deactivated s2member, the question is what I can do to prevent these errors from appearing

** ADDITIONAL **
I tested the following, I removed the “pro” files so only the basic framework was on the server.
Immediately after activating the plugin I got:
Notice: Undefined variable: cache_needs_updating in E:\…\wwwroot\wp-content\plugins\s2member\includes\classes\cache.inc.php on line 97

Hope this information is useful…

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 3:03 pm #38315

Anybody read this???
s2member is now completely useless for me.
Do I have to look for another tool?

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 2:14 pm #38446
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Boudewijn,

First, could you please try these common trouble shooting tips: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

All of them of course, even if you already tried them. :)

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 5:16 pm #38493
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

@ boudewijn lutgerink

You posted an excerpt like this.

The fact that you’re receiving PHP “Notices”, would indicate that your server is running PHP in developer debugging mode at the present time. Please consult with your hosting company about this, and ask them to place your error_reporting for PHP into production mode. Also check your /wp-config.php file and make sure you do NOT have this line.

define('WP_DEBUG', TRUE);

I also suggest that you run s2Member’s Server Scanner to check for possible issues in your configuration.

Not sure you’re compatible? Run: s2member-server-check.zip
(unzip & upload to your server — then open in a browser)
Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 12:00 am #38564

Hey Jason, Tx, that ‘debug’ line was in the config indeed, actually, it has always been there, but now played havoc with the site. This really solved a lot of problems for me.
Tx for the support!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.