latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Erratic Purchase Page Behavior

Home Forums Community Forum Erratic Purchase Page Behavior

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 11:04 am #15170

I received an email from a customer today who said that they were unable to update their subscription where the payment page didn’t seem to work.

So I went on and attempted to make a purchase. I followed the same path a customer would take, input the same information, and used my own CC information. When I clicked purchase (submit), the JS switched it to “Processing”, as normal, but when the page loaded it just reloaded my payment page (with all input fields carried over).

It is as if there was an error, but there was no error provided. My s2Member Authnet logs didn’t show any transactions either.

Just to test it again, I pressed submit again (without changing any input fields). This time it went through!

I’ve gone back and tested it a few more times, both updating a sub and creating a new one. Each one of them is functioning as expected.

Any hints on what might be causing this issue or what I can do to help troubleshoot?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 11:03 pm #15229

So you did several tests and only in one it didn’t work?

It’s odd. I’d have thought maybe a JavaScript problem was causing it, but then one’d guess that it’d happen every time. You can still check the web console in Firefox to see if there are any JavaScript errors there for that page.

You can test for a plugin/theme causing it. Change the theme to the default one, or deactivate other plugins one by one, testing after each, to see if the problem goes away. Since it doesn’t happen every time, you would need to tests a few times after each to tell if it’s gone, I guess.

I hope that helps.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.