latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Error #10565. Merchant country unsupported

Home Forums Community Forum Error #10565. Merchant country unsupported

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Michael Chidiac 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Sep 23rd, 2012 at 3:25 pm #26209

My site is based in Luxembourg. I need to be able to accept credit card payments from people who do not have a PayPal account and do not wish to open a PayPal account. It seems that PayPal Pro is not available in Luxembourg. I have a PayPal Business Account with PayPal Website Payments Standard. If I try to use a S2 Pro Form, when the user submits a credit card payment, the transaction is rejected with message “Error #10565. Merchant country unsupported”.

I have found that I can accept credit cards by switching ON the “PayPal Account Optional” switch in my PayPal Profile (which is hard to find and not well documented – it’s in My Selling Tools > Website Preferences) and removing all the other payment options in the S2 short code. But it cannot be used for recurring payments and although the user can pay by card without opening a PayPal account, it is not clear to the user that she will be able to do so, because the payment button at the end of the S2 Pro Form says “Check out with PayPal” and only after doing so does the user discover that using a credit card is also an option. Even then the PayPal form to do so is sandwiched between exhortations to open a PayPal account.

1. Does Authorize.net operate in Luxembourg?
2. If I were to use Authorize.net, would I be able to take recurring payments?
3. If I were to use Authorize.net, would the user experience be better?
4. Has anyone based in Europe come up with a better solution?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Sep 23rd, 2012 at 4:10 pm #26224
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the confusion. I believe that Authorize.net is technically available in all countries, but requires US currency and a US Bank Account to use it.

I’m pretty sure Google Checkout and Clickbank do support European countries though. I’m not experienced with European payment gateways as s2Member is a US-based software.

If Google Checkout and Clickbank don’t work out, you may want to add an additional payment gateway to your WordPress setup. You can get a Freelance developer to do this for you using the information within Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration under IPN w/ Proxy Key ( optional, for 3rd-party integrations ).

You can also check out the s2Member Codex, and this section from the FAQs for more information.

Posted: Monday Sep 24th, 2012 at 3:47 pm #26345

Thank you.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.