latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Error #205 when using authorize.net form

Home Forums Community Forum Error #205 when using authorize.net form

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jul 14th, 2012 at 8:24 pm #19274

I have gone through everything I can and cannot figure this out. I am using live mode authorize.net and am pretty sure I have everything set up. I will be charging members a monthly subscription. I have set up on a test site and yes it has ssl and authorize.net account is set up right. I get Error #205. This transaction has been declined.” whenever I try to process a transaction. Is this on s2membership plugin side or authorize.net side? here is my test page with the authorize.net form on it. mikey300.com/login-page
Any help is appreciated

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 6:59 am #19339

Hi Michael.

According to Authorize.Net’s errors reference: http://www.authorize.net/support/merchant/Transaction_Response/Response_Reason_Codes_and_Response_Reason_Text.htm

Response Reason Code: 205
Response Reason Text: This transaction has been declined.
Other Suggestions: This error code applies only to merchants on FDC Omaha. The value submitted in the merchant number field is invalid.

You say you verified that your entered all the values correctly in your s2Member settings for Authorize.Net, right? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Options -› Account Details[/hilite]

Have you tried contacting Authorize.Net about this error? I found an old thread in the Auth.Net forums about this particular error and some tips given there to help a user, and how he resolved it: http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Error-response-2-205/td-p/694

I hope it helps.

Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 7:25 am #19341

Actually I decided to go with paypal payments pro becuase I noticed that authorize.net is not supported with automatic unsubscribe on payment failure. However, I have hit another snag, I have paypal payments pro (payflow) edition and have recurring billing activated. I can use pro forms just fine for a direct payment that is not recurring but if I try to send a recurring payment through I get an error. I have seen that many people have problems getting this set up correctly. I have everything put in correctly but am waiting on paypal pro department to open this morning for more info on their side(talking to paypal is always a fun day).

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Michael Smith.
Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 5:29 am #19600

How did it go with PayPal support? Did you manage to get recurring payments working with them?

Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 7:09 am #19619

Yes it went so wonderful. No, really it didn’t, I just wanted to see what it felt like to say that after talking to paypal. My site was in test mode, so the only charging I was doing was to my own credit card for $1 to make sure the gateway was working. So after running a charge through without recurring to make sure that part of the portal worked, paypal limited my account until they did a review of my site. After a day on the phone with them they disabled my payments pro account because they said my website did not meet their requirements, even though I tried to explain that it was under construction and the only charge was to my own card to test the gateway. So now I am having to start all over with them. So much for live testing it.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Michael Smith.
Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 7:44 am #19624

I’m so sorry to hear that… They really should be ashamed of the service they give, if it can be called that. :(

By the way, you can do 1 cent transactions to test.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.