latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Error 403: Unable to auto-configure Amazon

Home Forums Community Forum Error 403: Unable to auto-configure Amazon

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 6:38 pm #30820
AMGill
Username: AMGill

I’ve hit a wall trying everything I could find – looked through forums, watched videos went through the Amazon/Cloudfront instructions several times as well and redid the steps but I continuously receive this message:

Unable to auto-configure Amazon® CloudFront Distributions.
Error code: 403. Error Message: Unable to acquire existing Amazon® CloudFront Downloads Distro. Unable to acquire existing Amazon® CloudFront Distro. Forbidden

I have gotten this to work with other sites so I don’t know what is going wrong. The site has been updated to the latest WordPress and S2Member Pro.

I’d be happy to have someone go in and check out what is wrong. Let me know what info you need to resolve this.

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 1:47 am #30853
AMGill
Username: AMGill

Because I am impatient – I dug a little deeper and found a solution in the forums here:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/cloudfront-err-400-unable-to-del-existing/#post-15884

I noticed no matter how many times I changed or updated the fields that once worked I kept getting this message in the Amazon/Cloudfront settings in S2: Your Amazon® CloudFront Distributions are: ( ALREADY configured! )

So I tried the hack found in that post and it worked. Thank you. Too bad there is not an easier way though. I had test settings in there originally and then once my client started their own Amazon S3 account I tried to change to theirs. It really shouldn’t be that hard to change – adding a hack? How about a Reset or Clear button?

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 8:59 am #30889

Glad you sorted it out. Thanks for the update. :)

Yes, it’d be good to have a button for that. I’ll add it to the feature requests list. Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.