latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Error #7 MAXFAILURES cannot exceed TERM

Home Forums Community Forum Error #7 MAXFAILURES cannot exceed TERM

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  MP 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 8:39 pm #45829
MP
Username: mphernandez

I’m getting this error from my first customer.This error was addressed in an earlier post however the person didn’t say how they fixed their error.

The log is this:

'TRXTYPE' => 'R',
  'ACTION' => 'A',
  'EMAIL' => '*******',
  'FIRSTNAME' => '*******',
  'LASTNAME' => '*******',
  'CLIENTIP' => '*******',
  'DESC' => '7 Days Free, Then $49.99 One Time. No Contracts.',
  'BA_DESC' => '7 Days Free, Then $49.99 One Time. No Contracts.',
  'PROFILENAME' => '1364990832:7 D:3 M~www.testprepskills.com~2',
  'CURRENCY' => 'USD',
  'AMT' => '49.99',
  'TAXAMT' => '0.00',
  'MAXFAILPAYMENTS' => '2',
  'AUTOBILLOUTSTANDINGAMT' => 'AddToNextBilling',
  'START' => '04032013',
  'PAYPERIOD' => 'QTER',
  'TERM' => '1',
  'TENDER' => 'C',
  'ACCT' => '************',
  'EXPDATE' => '0116',
  'CVV2' => '139',
  'STREET' => '*******',
  'CITY' => '*******',
  'STATE' => '*******',
  'COUNTRY' => 'US',
  'ZIP' => '*******',
  'VERBOSITY' => 'MEDIUM',
  'USER' => '*******',
  'PARTNER' => 'Paypal',
  'VENDOR' => '*******',
  'PWD' => '*******',
)
-------- Output string/vars: ( Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:07:13 am UTC ) --------
RESULT=7&RPREF=RQC58C3B9008&RESPMSG=Field format error: MAXFAILURES cannot exceed TERM
array (
  'RESULT' => '7',
  'RPREF' => 'RQC58C3B9008',
  'RESPMSG' => 'Field format error: MAXFAILURES cannot exceed TERM',
  '__error' => 'Error #7. Field format error: MAXFAILURES cannot exceed TERM.',

My Paypal Pro shortcode (w/recurring billing enabled for the Free Trial):
Free Trial of 7 Days, then 49.99 once for three months access.

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="2" ccaps="" desc="7 Days Free, Then $49.99 One Time. No Contracts." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.testprepskills.com" ta="0" tp="7" tt="D" ra="49.99" rp="3" rt="M" rr="0" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" success="https://www.testprepskills.com/thank-you" /] 

Any help with this would be much appreciated because this site is my ticket out of being poor : /

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 10:02 pm #45833
MP

….actually, does this have to do with the free trial being 7 days rather than one week?

Posted: Thursday Mar 28th, 2013 at 4:17 pm #45992
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

I’m unable to diagnose your issue from this log file. Could you send us Dashboard and FTP Login details via Private Contact Form so we can see the rest of your log files and run test transactions?

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thank-you.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 4:26 pm #46413
MP

Any luck with this? Customers keep trying to buy from my site, but this error is still coming up. Thanks again!

Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 5:03 pm #46416
Bruce
Staff Member

Sorry for the delay.

We received details from you, but it appears that the User login you gave us access to does not have permissions for the WordPress Dashboard. See screenshot.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 5:41 pm #46539
MP

I’m not sure what went wrong, but I sent new information over. Thanks for helping me with this because it’s been beyond frustrating trying to figure out.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 5:41 pm #46540
Bruce
Staff Member

Details Received.

I’m taking a look now.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 5:56 pm #46542
Bruce
Staff Member

Can you try this Pro Form Shortcode?

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="2" ccaps="" desc="7 Days Free, Then $49.99 One Time. No Contracts." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.testprepskills.com" ta="0" tp="1" tt="W" ra="49.99" rp="1" rt="M" rr="0" rrt="" rra="0" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" success="https://www.testprepskills.com/thank-you" /]
Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 6:06 pm #46545
MP

Just added it… ‘ ps=”paypal” ‘ seems to be the only difference between the two codes. I wonder how that got left out? I checked my other short codes from here

• http://goo.gl/DHPJm
  • and here

• http://goo.gl/xn8Yx
  • …they both include ‘ps=paypal’ but users said they got the same error. Any ideas?

Thanks again! This is hands down the best customer support I’ve ever received from something I’ve bought online!!

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 6:08 pm #46549
    Bruce
    Staff Member

The differences between the shortcode you posted and the one I gave you are that I changed 7 days to 1 week and I turned off the reattempt failed payments directive (i.e. set rra to 0).

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 6:18 pm #46551
    MP

I’ll see if I can mess with Paypal sandbox and see if that corrects the problem. Did something go wrong when I generated the shortcode?

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 6:20 pm #46552
    Bruce
    Staff Member

I’ll see if I can mess with Paypal sandbox and see if that corrects the problem. Did something go wrong when I generated the shortcode?

I believe you’re getting this error because of the rra attribute. You generally don’t want to allow failed payments when you’re using a non-recurring subscription. Based on the error you got I believe that’s the issue.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 6:23 pm #46553
    MP

Sounds good, I’ll hash it out and let you know. Thanks!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.