latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Error after payment with Paypal

Home Forums Community Forum Error after payment with Paypal

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 11:05 am #26848

Hi,
I created Paypal buttons, and I decided to test for real if everything was going smoothly. I have a WordPress and s2member account which is at subscriber level 0. It’s a username different from admin, with an email address different from the one I use as admin.
I tested with payment for level 1.

The first time, I paid with a paypal account. Everything went well. But after clicking on the ‘back to the website’ button, I received the following message:
ERROR: Unable to modify Subscription.
Please contact Support for assistance.

The existing User ID is associated with an Administrator. Stopping here. Otherwise, an Administrator could lose access. Please make sure that you are NOT logged in as an Administrator while testing.

Then I decided to log out, and log in again as level 0, and clicked on Paypal button for level 1.
This time, I paid with a credit card.
Again, when I came back to the website, I got the same error message:
ERROR: Unable to modify Subscription.
Please contact Support for assistance.

The existing User ID is associated with an Administrator. Stopping here. Otherwise, an Administrator could lose access. Please make sure that you are NOT logged in as an Administrator while testing.

Why am I getting this message, and how do I do in order to have a smooth return back to the website?

I do not want to make the buttons available to the public before I am sure that the process is properly completed.

NB. The amounts paid are well registered as payments by Paypal in the business Paypal account.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:45 pm #26874
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Simeon,

This error by s2Member exists so that you don’t accidentally lose admin access. It only appears to admin accounts or accounts that have admin powers.

So I suggest you make a free account, with a different computer/IP, and test with that one, see if you still get the same error.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 8:18 am #26937

Hi Simeon.

Are you using the shortcode for the button? If not, you may be using a button generated while logged into your admin account, so the generated code for the button will include that for everyone that uses it. You need to use the shortcode.

Could you post a link to the page where the button is?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.