latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Error on loading videos from iOS, any fix ?

Home Forums Community Forum Error on loading videos from iOS, any fix ?

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice. Last updated by  julien des 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Aug 25th, 2013 at 9:05 pm #58669
julien des
Username: xzulien

Hello all,
it has been a while since I’m trying to make my videos work on iPad and iPhone.
I’m using Amazon S3/integration, it works almost perfect with desktop computers, but any time I try to access the videos from iPad/iPhone, I got an error:

“error loading media
File Could not be played”

I’m using file encoded in H.264, the only thing I do is to rename the file, originally “m4v”, I use “mp4”. If I leave “m4v” the videos don’t work at all anywhere.

I checked the forum and the knowledge base, and it seems that lot’s of people are having the same issue, but it doesn’t seem to be fixed. Also, Im not very familiar with PHP, and most PHP codes I found are having syntax errors when I paste them (standard example code is OK, but still not working for iPad). I’m using shortcode .

I’ve seen solutions that enable a download link, and that is a solution I cannot have. I also needed to upgrade to pro version to get more paiement solutions, and this iPad/iPod is a big problem, because I wanted my customers to be able to view videos from mobiles.

Any help on this ?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Aug 31st, 2013 at 1:29 pm #58925
julien des
Username: xzulien

ok, no answer = no fix

I got it fix from my video host service.
If someone reads this and has the same problem : don’t loose time with S2Member trying to integrate JW-Player with security stuff and Amazon S3, just deal with a good provider that offers built-in secured players. It will also handle a true-streaming and compatible-based solution to deliver your content. + I discover JW player integration with S2 member is at “minimum features” : no streaming dynamic delivery works, no subtitle features, thumbnail poster images never works from S3… and many ajar security gaps !

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.