latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Error: SAFE MODE Restriction @ cloudfront

Home Forums Community Forum Error: SAFE MODE Restriction @ cloudfront

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 9th, 2013 at 8:15 am #53177

Using a shortcode for JW Player integrated with Amazon S3 and Cloudfront, I get the following error message:

Warning: realpath() [function.realpath]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 42454 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid 0 in /var/www/sangkufferten.dk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/utils-dirs.inc.php on line 200

However, the audio file streams ok.

I contacted my host, and was told it “is probably something in the S2member setup”, so I hope you can help me.

Best regards,

Karina

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 11th, 2013 at 9:21 am #53290
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

I just took a look at what exactly safe mode is. This is a PHP INI value that affects all connections through WordPress. It can prevent some requests through WordPress’s HTTP class to fail, which is probably what’s causing your issue.

You’ll have to turn off safe mode to get this to work. This is a PHP.ini setting, so if you can edit that file you should see where it’s set. This feature is consisdered problematic, which is why it was removed in the most recent versions of PHP.

See: http://php.net/manual/en/features.safe-mode.php

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.