latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

ERROR: Unable to verify $_POST vars.

Home Forums Community Forum ERROR: Unable to verify $_POST vars.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 3rd, 2013 at 6:52 pm #52972
Adam Lye
Username: assassin

I have been using s2member for 2 years with relatively little issue and now it is not working. Each and every time someone signs up to my website I get the following error:

“ERROR: Unable to verify $_POST vars.
Please contact Support for assistance.

This is most likely related to an invalid configuration of s2Member, or a problem with server compatibility. If you are the site owner, and you’re absolutely SURE that your configuration is valid, you may want to run some tests on your server, just to be sure $_POST variables are populated, and that your server is able to connect/communicate with your Payment Gateway over an HTTPS connection.

s2Member uses the WP_Http class for remote connections; which will try to use cURL first, and then fall back on theFOPEN method when cURL is not available. On a Windows® server, you may have to disable your cURL extension; and instead, set allow_url_fopen = yes in your php.ini file. The cURL extension (usually) does NOT support SSL connections on a Windows® server.

Please see this thread for details regarding the ideal server configuration for s2Member. ”

I have read through many of the same posts by other people. I have updated everything I can on paypal. It is still not working.

Please advise.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 3rd, 2013 at 6:59 pm #52973
Adam Lye

After running server scan this was my only area that I did not pass…

Server Scan By: s2Member®Test Email Functionality?

The following issues were discovered…
Tip: Notices/warnings can be dismissed (if you MUST); please read carefully.

Notice[NOTICE] WordPress® Memory LimitAUTO-FIX!dismiss?
Although NOT required, s2Member® recommends that you raise your WordPress® memory limit (please set: WP_MEMORY_LIMIT in /wp-config.php), to at least 64M (i.e. 64 megabytes). Please see: this how-to article. Or consult with your web hosting company about this message. Your current memory limit allows only: 40M

Posted: Thursday Jul 4th, 2013 at 6:29 am #52996

Have you read this and followed its advice? Knowledge Base » Unable to Verify $_POST Vars Error

Got it on the server scanner results. The warning you get about the memory limit would not be causing you this problem.

If the above article doesn’t help, then could you please try these? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Thursday Jul 4th, 2013 at 4:53 pm #53019
Adam Lye

Yes, I have looked at those links. As I said this was working fairly well for 2 years and just quit working.

I would really like some help and guidance to get this working. Thanks.

Posted: Friday Jul 5th, 2013 at 5:31 am #53046
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Yes, I have looked at those links. As I said this was working fairly well for 2 years and just quit working.

Have you installed any caching plugins recently?

If you can’t figure out the issue, send us a Dashboard Login via Private Contact Form and we’ll take a look at your logs.

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.