latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Error when upgrading to 130121

Home Forums Community Forum Error when upgrading to 130121

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 8:49 am #38948
Joe Auriemma
Username: vpjoe

When I attempt to upgrade to 130121 I get the following error message:

An error occurred while updating s2Member® Framework: Could not create directory. /nas/wp/www/cluster-1141/ifo/wp-content/upgrade/s2member.tmp.

This has never happened before. I just finished switching hosts to WP-Engine yesterday so I am not sure if there is some sort of clash maybe happening.

What’s my next move?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 3:22 pm #38997
Joe Auriemma

Hi guys,

I asked my host for help and it turns out they had some to give. They tell me they ran some administrator scripts on my back end. Then they had me check to see if that fixed the problem and it did. I was able to upgrade S2 and Pro.

I’ve never had a host help me with a plugin before. I hope this situation helps you guys and others out there who may land in this spot!

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 2:46 pm #39214
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Glad you solved the problem Joe. :)

Just so you know, apparently the problem s2Member was having while upgrading was creating a new directory, seems s2Member didn’t have enough permissions to do that. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 9:26 pm #39267
Joe Auriemma

Thanks Eduan!

Your info is appreciated, truly. I like knowing about all the factors. It’s sometimes hard to decipher whose equipment is at the root of an issue. But I’ve always received great help from you guys and now, my host. I like what those two things mean for the future of my site’s performance.

Take care,

Joe

Posted: Saturday Jan 26th, 2013 at 9:47 am #39690
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Glad I was able to help Joe, look forward to helping you more in the future. ;)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.