latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Errors when uploading images

Home Forums Community Forum Errors when uploading images

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Joe Auriemma 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 4:08 am #36553
Joe Auriemma
Username: vpjoe

As I attempt to upload images to the media library, I’m sometimes redirected to a white page which says “Internal Server Error”, or else, while still in the media library, next to the upload processing strip, I get an “html error” message and no new thumb showing that the image loaded.

Both times, the image upload does not complete. However, when I bounce around in the library dropdown and search boxes, the images really are uploading but I have to do that dance to find them. This seems to have begun when WP upgraded. When I deactivate S2, the problem goes away. Images upload as normal.

Oddly enough, I have two images that show on the page when I use their link, but in the library, there is just alt text where the thumbs should be. There is no change when I deactivate S2 for those.

Here’s my site: http://www.incrediblefitnessonline.com

I’ve been working on this site for 9 months or so without this issue. What do you think?

And thanks!

9 Jan update: Just noticed that when I upload an image (still same problem as above with same results) the height and width parameters do not show in the image edit window. All images uploaded previous to this problem show their measurements. Does that help with the troubleshooting?

Also, I had been working on another issue: Featured image won’t downsize. This does not change when I deactivate S2 but the theme’s developer can’t even duplicate the problem on his end. Not sure if this event is connected at all to the media library issue.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by  Joe Auriemma.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by  Joe Auriemma.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 5:27 am #36712
Joe Auriemma

SOLVED!

I’m leaving this here for others. Drives me nuts when people fix a problem but don’t share how they did it. ;-)

It seems that BB Press is clashing with S2. This is why turning off S2 allowed me to upload images but did not fix my featured image problem.

When I deactivated the BB Press plugin, my images loaded properly in the library and also showed their height and width measurements. Also, featured images downsized and cropped as they should.

Conflicting plugins. Beat my a** there for a minute. Hope that helps someone else.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by  Joe Auriemma.
Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 5:47 am #36717

Thanks so much for the update and sharing your findings, Joe! I also hate when someone doesn’t ever post his solution after posting the problem, especially when they do post to say it’s solved but not saying how! lol

Yeah, plugin conflicts are a pain, but it’s part of dealing with WordPress, sadly.

Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 5:50 am #36718
Joe Auriemma

Related issue cropped up. I’ll start another topic for clarity’s sake.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by  Joe Auriemma.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.