latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Execute Makro like options with upgrade Level

Home Forums Community Forum Execute Makro like options with upgrade Level

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 4th, 2013 at 6:36 am #52997
Boris Uhlig
Username: buhlig

Hey,

we are looking for a membership plugin and find s2members exiting. However, we have some specific requirements and want to find out whether they could be realized using s2member Pro or not!

We are PAWS international and off sponsorships to companies to finance our causes. In the following I’m trying to explain the requirement as easy possible:

1. Membership with PAWS is generally free of any charge and obligation.
2. We are offering different donation schemes incl. recuring
3. ADDITIONALLY to 2. an existing Member can ADD a Sponsorship and can choose from currently 6 different schemes such as Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Global. The major difference between the schemes is the design, hence an individual and specific custom post type respectively a custom page form incl. custom fields and different for each sponsorship type (maybe like an individual macro???)
4. Sponsorship are signed for a specifc period such as a number of month and the added custom posts visibilty should be setup accordingly.
5. Member (user) must have exclusive access to the assigned post to maintain content etc. but public status (from/to date) must be blocked (changes in case Sponsor extends its sponsorship by another payment)

Can we use s2member to realize such functionalty or can you offer to develop it?

Thank you in advance for your topical reply.

Kind regards,
Boris

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:54 am #53036
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m not sure I totally understand this part:

3. ADDITIONALLY to 2. an existing Member can ADD a Sponsorship and can choose from currently 6 different schemes such as Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Global. The major difference between the schemes is the design, hence an individual and specific custom post type respectively a custom page form incl. custom fields and different for each sponsorship type (maybe like an individual macro???)

Could you clarify please? What is the design of the schemes?

It does sound like s2Member could help accomplish some of the things that you’re looking for, but not everything. I believe you’ll need to have a developer set up custom code to accomplish these two things:

4. Sponsorship are signed for a specifc period such as a number of month and the added custom posts visibilty should be setup accordingly.
5. Member (user) must have exclusive access to the assigned post to maintain content etc. but public status (from/to date) must be blocked (changes in case Sponsor extends its sponsorship by another payment)

We have an API available for doing this in the Dashboard. You can find it here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications

See: Knowledge Base » Building An API Notification Handler

Posted: Friday Jul 5th, 2013 at 5:34 am #53047
Boris Uhlig
Username: buhlig

Hi Bruce,
let me explain “the whole thing” a little bit more in detail … we are looking for a developing partner, as we are aiming to market this plugin to finance our causes!!!!

My name is Boris Uhlig and I’m currently designing the website for PAWS International. PAWS International acts as umbrella organization, aiming to unite pet & animal welfare activist, shelters & rescues all over the world under one roof, to streamline activities and jointly work to stop cruelty to animals, back-yard breeding, supporting shelters and special needs animals. PAWS is aiming be a global leader in community and animal welfare service by empowering volunteers to serve their communities, meet animal welfare needs, encourage peace and promote international understanding through PAWS members.

So allow me to explain, what we are looking for:

Basically, it’s like a a work-flow, so “events” cause “action” based on “conditions/rules (queries)”. Maybe you know the “Rules Assistant” coming with MS Outlook? This is similar to what we are looking for!

The basic for this pluigin is a “time-line” which hold ALL information of posts, pages, users and even any potential custom post/page/taxonomy etc.

Rules should be started/executed automatically or manually. Automatically means when an indivudal condition is met, manually means it will be started by i.e. a User or by a permalink.

The Rule Editor should allow to define the event/s such as (but not limited to):
– query
– Creation of a specific post, page, user or any potential custom post/page/taxonomy etc. with a specific value for ALL available standard and custom fileds.
– or another rule was executed
– or on a schedule basis
– …

when a condition is met, such as (but not limited to):
– a value of a specific post, page, user or any potential custom post/page/taxonomy of available standard and custom fileds is or is not within a specific range
– …

and the action such as (but not limited to):
– Creation of ANY available post, page, user or any potential custom post/page/taxonomy etc. incl. filling fields with specific values
– Executing another object, maybe from another plugin such as a newsletter
– Executing another rule
– …

Let me explain a required scenario for the desired wordpress website:

1. Membership with PAWS is generally free of any charge and obligation.
2. We are offering different donation schemes incl. recurring

So, when a Member (User) decides to become a sponsor he “clicks” a button or link, for the current case, the following should happen:
1. Rule:
– a custom post item with status “Draft” should be created/added
– another object “Revolution Slider” should be created (own table)
– assignment of the specific form template
– assignment of the created “Revolution Slider” (Value in custom field of created custom post item)
– assignment of the role/user to the created objects, as this user is authorized to edit this item (Basically he is responsible for his content)
– based on the payment term, the from/to display dates should be filled (Plugin “Alternate Timed Content” from codecanyon)

2. Rule
Before the deadline respectively end of the signed sponsorship, let’s say 10 days, an email individual should be send to the user, reminding him on renewal etc.

3. Rule
Extending existing Sponsorship, based on payment terms, means modifying the “from to display date”

Hope I could explain the requirements and would love to receive your topical feedback, whether you are able and intereted to develop this plugin for/with us, bearing in mind it’s for a really good cause! ;-)

Kind regards,
Boris

Posted: Monday Jul 8th, 2013 at 6:40 am #53111
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Sorry about the delay in response. Thanks for your patience over the weekend.

I just went over your list of requirements, and while s2Member could be used as a core for the functionality you’re looking for (as far as registration and your “donations” go), it would require a lot of custom code to hook s2Member into all of the other functionality you’re looking for.

To explain the idea in simple terms, you mentioned that you’re looking for a “Rule Editor”. What s2Member can do is create some of the triggers for these rules with regards to registrations and payments. A developer will need to set up all of the “rules” you have in mind, however.

To explain this better, s2Member could work in conjunction with custom code that you have a developer write with its API Notifications for Signups and Payments.

See: Knowledge Base » Building An API Notification Handler

With this you can have s2Member handle your User registrations, restrictions, and payments. However, you’ll still need to have a developer set up many more things to get your site working around s2Member.

I would recommend posting these requirements on a site such as http://elance.com/, http://odesk.com/, or http://jobs.wordpress.net/.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.