latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Existing User Registration

Home Forums Community Forum Existing User Registration

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Philip Sidener 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 12:51 am #20480

Maybe I missed something during setup however I am stuck.

Here is the problem scenario:
A user is previously registered for a free account. The user returns at a later time to the site and they do not login. They decide they would like to upgrade to paid. They are still not logged in and hit the subscribe button. They complete paypal and when finished they are directed to a register. However, they are already registered. At this point they are forced to make a new account. This becomes a particular issue because their daily email is most lilely in use by their preexisting account.

Shouldn’t the options after subscribing be Register or Login to Existing Account? Or even forgot password for Existing Account?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 9:04 am #20527
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Philip,

A way to avoid this is to use s2Member conditionals to protect the subscribe button to a level 0 user, so the user has to be registered to buy it and can’t make a second account.

You can find conditionals under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals, you can also find an article about them here: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Conditionals

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 9:36 am #20532

If the user is forced to log in before using the subscribe button the registration after paypal becomes void and is never seen again. Makes me wonder what is the point of it?

Seems s2 should ask after paypal to register or login to complete the subscription and Add or Upgrade accordingly? I couldn’t image this not being a feature of a membership software? Seems a requirement rather than a feature.

Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 9:57 am #20533
cassel
Username: cassel

Philip, how abut a little workaround for this. Just beside or below the button, you might want to add (in small prints) a message to the users like
“if you are already registered, please log in before upgrading”

I am considering doing that myself because i have also an issue when it comes to custom capabilities when an existing member makes a purchase while logged out.

Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 10:13 am #20534

Sadly, it seems this is the only way.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.