latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Export users in pro version not displaying

Home Forums Community Forum Export users in pro version not displaying

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Matt Meyer 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Dec 1st, 2012 at 9:17 pm #33169

I’ve exported my data to a .csv file, however when trying to open it, I get an error message saying it doesn’t recognize the file. It will open and everything is jumbled with symbols and characters. Please help.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Dec 1st, 2012 at 9:42 pm #33175
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Matt,

Where are you trying to import your .csv file to?

If it’s a site other than the site that you originally exported the users from it will not function correctly. You will need to run exportation from your mySQL database and use the same SALT keys from your wp-config.php file as you do in the site you’re attempting to export from.

This link might help you:

http://robbclarke.com/blog/how_to_move_users_from_one_wordpress_blog_to_another/

s2Member’s User Exportation tool is only meant to be used as a backup tool, and not suitable for cross-domain and cross-site use.
Posted: Saturday Dec 1st, 2012 at 9:49 pm #33176

Thanks Bruce. I’m not trying to export, then import to another site, I just want to export and open with excel so I can segment the data. Is there an easier way to segment either through the plugin or through wordpress somehow, so I don’t have to export then play will excel?

Specifically talking about my users data associated with the S2members pro.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Matt Meyer.
Posted: Saturday Dec 1st, 2012 at 9:53 pm #33179
Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Matt,

If you’re not looking to import the data again, you can export the user data in a “pretty” format in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Exportation under CSV File Preference by selecting Easy-Read (CSV w/ improved readability; CANNOT be re-imported).

Posted: Saturday Dec 1st, 2012 at 10:03 pm #33181

I’ve tried that and its the same error.

Posted: Saturday Dec 1st, 2012 at 10:48 pm #33184
Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Matt,

You are using the file provided within Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Exportation and not Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› s2Member® Options (Import/Export), correct?

I just checked the functionality on a development site and it appears to be working correctly.

Could you open the .csv file with Notepad or something similar and copy a small portion of the file here?

Posted: Sunday Dec 2nd, 2012 at 12:31 am #33189

Yes, that’s what I’m using. Can it be because I created custom registration fields? The whole file is 2 pages of this:

ã≠\Ys€8~ü_·“Û.#…wˆE∂|d€ÒZŸ§v_\ âê@ÄêíÂ≠˝Ô€çÉá‰Ps¶\a˜◊M5@ߘ˚UÔoΩi™I)àODÎïT1à7Lȸ‡—‚˜§íØòŒ8Y{ı:%å√ı’
5Àyñ/„BÁ2=ìåÑå≥úQçF:c:W$gR\sÉ
ıD÷)πM»

Posted: Sunday Dec 2nd, 2012 at 4:49 am #33194

Matt, could you, as a test, try the suggestions (except for the .htaccess one) in this article? Knowledge Base » Resolving Problems with File Downloads

Try one at a time and test the CSV export after each. If nothing changes with one, undo what you tried and try the next one. Please let us know how it goes.

I hope that helps.

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 8:03 pm #33391

Cool, that worked! Except it didn’t export any additional user fields that I’ve added. Is it only designed to export s2 member data fields?

Also under role, how can I get it to export my custom role titles instead of the standard s2 titles?

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 8:10 pm #33393
Bruce
Staff Member

Is it only designed to export s2 member data fields?

Yes that’s correct. The user export feature only supports the default WordPress data and the s2Member CCaps + billing data.

Also under role, how can I get it to export my custom role titles instead of the standard s2 titles?

Have you tried enabling the checkbox in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Levels/Labels? I believe that should do it.

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 8:15 pm #33394

Too bad about not exporting all data. Could this be an upgrade in the near future?

Yes I have enabled wordpress to force my labels, and it works within wordpress, however when I export it reverts to default s2 labels.

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 8:21 pm #33396
Bruce
Staff Member

Too bad about not exporting all data. Could this be an upgrade in the near future?

Yes I have enabled wordpress to force my labels, and it works within wordpress, however when I export it reverts to default s2 labels.

Revisions to the user export and import feature are something that we’re hoping to achieve in the near future. I will notify our dev team that the labels are being reverted to the s2Member default when exporting. For now you will need to manually replace these labels.

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 8:22 pm #33397

Ok, great. Thanks for all your help!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.