latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Exporting CSV s2member database – Issues

Home Forums Community Forum Exporting CSV s2member database – Issues

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Aug 19th, 2012 at 10:20 pm #22517
Laura R
Username: utsbsoc

Hi,

Whenever I export my user database from the import/export tab within s2member, the resulting CSV is all over the place. Instead of having headers, the column names appear in the column before the values. Also, there’s no way of ordering the columns before you export them.

Is there a way of fixing this up? Will such capabilities be made available in the next update of s2 Member?

Apart from that, the plugin is fantastic!

Cheers,
Laura.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 20th, 2012 at 7:50 am #22541

Thanks for the kudos, Laura!

Yes, we’re improving the export/import tool drastically in the new s2Member being developed.

The current one does that have format for the custom profile fields: the columns don’t have headers, instead, they are pairs of field name and field value, and only with the field has a value, otherwise it won’t be exported. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation[/hilite]

Additional extended information can also be included; even Custom Fields:
[hilite mono]"ID","Username","Password","First Name","Last Name","Display Name","Email","Website","Level[0-9]+ or Role ID","Custom Capabilities","Registration Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )","First Payment Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )","Last Payment Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )","Auto-EOT Date ( mm/dd/yyyy )","Custom Value ( starts w/domain )","Paid Subscr. ID","Paid Subscr. Gateway","Custom Field ID #1","Custom Field Value #1","Custom Field ID #2","Custom Field Value #2", ...[/hilite]

Here is a full example with all fields filled in, including extended details; and two Custom Fields:
[hilite mono]"","johnsmith22","mY!passwrD","John","Smith","John Smith","john.smith@example.com","http://www.example.com/","2","music,videos","12/31/2000","01/10/2001","12/31/2020","12/31/2021","www.example.com|123.357.125.654","I-2342934SSER243","paypal","interests","fishing,biking,computers","t_shirt_size","xx-large"[/hilite]

If you supply Custom Fields, your Custom Field IDs need to match up with the Custom Field IDs you’ve configured with s2Member. See: [hilite path]s2Member -> General Options -> Custom Fields[/hilite]. If you have a Custom Field that contains an array of multiple values, you can import the array using PHP’s serialize() function. This allows you to convert the array into a string representation. s2Member will automatically unserialize the value during importation. If you have any trouble, please perform an export first. s2Member’s export files are already formatted for easy re-importation. In other words, you can use them as a guideline for building your own import files.

I suggest that you create a test user with all the custom profile fields filled out and export again to look at that user’s row.

I hope it helps.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.