latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Exporting User Data

Home Forums Community Forum Exporting User Data

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Donn Trent 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 12:37 pm #5703

Where does the user data reside? Is it possible to export all the users and their respective fields created with S2Member?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012 at 9:14 am #5859
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

This option is available in the pro version (according to the s2member site).

From what I see in the pro documentation, it looks like it exports all the standard wp data as well as most if not all of the s2 data for each user.

I don’t use PRO so I can’t say for certain, but just based on research it looks like it can be done.

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 5:50 am #5932
Karen Banting
Username: karban

Hi Tim, Dave is right – the pro version has export capabilities built in.

…….. But of course, if you can’t afford to purchase the the pro version yet, then in the meantime there’s always phpMyAdmin……. (log-in to your web server, then >> phpmyadmin >> your website database >> users>>export …and then just select the format you need, such as “CSV”, or “CSV for Excell”, SQL, ,etc…… sweet eh? ).

It’s also a handy way to backup just parts of your database (and to do entire site backup, just omit the “users” step).

Regards, Karen

Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 5:55 am #5933
Karen Banting
Username: karban

(and if you’ve added some extra fields such as phone, country, website etc, and you needed all this additional information exported as well, then I imagine that you’d just do the same as above but for the S2 member database tables…….as they will be storing all that additional info – the wordpress user DB tables will just hold the default WP fields data……)

Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 8:34 am #5937
David Welch

Karen is right that you could pull the data via phpmyadmin, however, S2member doesn’t use it’s own tables.

It uses the wp postmeta, options and usermeta tables (mostly), which is the recommended way of doing things with WP.

Also, a good number of s2member data fields are serialized, meaning they are data arrays that have been encoded to be stored in a mysql db field.

So you could export them to csv, but you would have to sift through them or unserialize them before export via php.

Of course, unserialized, they would just print out an array, if anything, if you don’t use them correctly.

So, if you are not planning to upgrade to pro, you will be limited unless you want to code your own export process or have someone do it.

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:17 am #5939

Yes, I’ve tried to look into PHPmyAdmin for this, but have only found the username field and nothing else as actual data in SQL. None of the data from my extra fields for S2Member is visible.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:42 am #5942
David Welch

Custom field data is stored in the wp_usermeta table under the meta_key “wp_s2member_custom_fields.”

You will see that that data is serialized.

Some other wp data like first name, last name, etc. is also stored in usermeta under different meta keys.

Dave

Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 5:34 pm #17156

hi there

I have been using S2member and have a few hundred users

can someone assist with SQL to retrieve the user data and their respective s2member role? I have been asked to provide a list before the customer commits to s2member purchase

thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.