latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Extended Field Visibility Permission

Home Forums Community Forum Extended Field Visibility Permission

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 19th, 2013 at 2:32 am #59691

Hi,

Is there a way to make an extended profile field invisible on public profiles to other registered users, but editable by the user? My extended profile fields that I set up through s2 do not give me the same visibility permissions and options as they do going directly through Buddypress. The profile fields that I create with s2 do not show up on my Buddypress profile fields page either, only on the public side of the users profile. Is it supposed to fully integrate?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 21st, 2013 at 9:07 pm #59752

You’d use the s2 or the BP profile fields, but not a mix of both. For the s2 ones to show you need to enable the integration with BP here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields -> BuddyPress[/hilite]

This video may help: Knowledge Base » BuddyPress™ + s2Member® Pro (Video)

Posted: Monday Sep 23rd, 2013 at 1:24 pm #59778

Thank you, I unserstand that, but S2 profile fields do not give me the same visibility options as Buddypress. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Posted: Tuesday Sep 24th, 2013 at 7:27 am #59799

You don’t have to use the s2Member profile fields, you can use the BuddyPress ones if you prefer them. They won’t be in the pro-forms, though. BuddyPress’ profile fields have not been integrated into s2Member.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.