latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Extra user meta data on login

Home Forums Community Forum Extra user meta data on login

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 23rd, 2013 at 12:15 pm #45562

I’ve noticed that when new users register on my site, there are a number of extra rows added to wp_usermeta which don’t appear to be created by the WP core. For example, I see rows for each user with the following keys: yim, googleplus, aim, twitter, jabber…

1. Are these created by s2Member?

2. Is there a hook/filter for preventing them?

Thanks in advance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Mar 25th, 2013 at 8:33 pm #45687
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Brett,

Pretty sure these aren’t added by s2Member. All these are social/chat services, all of which s2Member doesn’t have anything to do AFAIK.

Perhaps another plugin you have installed is doing this?

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Mar 25th, 2013 at 10:07 pm #45692

Thanks Eduan,
You were right. I did some more research and it seems that the WP core actually creates those rows in wp_usermeta. If anyone is interested, it’s easy to prevent: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15582325/how-to-optimize-wordpress-wp-usermeta-table

Posted: Tuesday Mar 26th, 2013 at 11:32 am #45792
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Glad you found the source, and thanks for the link. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.