latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Facebook, Twitter, and other Login

Home Forums Community Forum Facebook, Twitter, and other Login

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices. Last updated by  ben h 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 3:45 pm #21137

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Aug 5th, 2012 at 8:26 pm #21194
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Logman,

That is not currently possible with s2Member, you could probably achieve this with a plugin or a hack.

If it’s well done it shouldn’t affect s2member, and s2member shouldn’t affect it.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2012 at 8:19 am #21215
James Hardy
Username: james565

Does anyone know of any plugins that will do this?

Thanks in advance,

James

Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 9:06 am #21368

I am looking for the same answer.

I was wondering if this plugin would work
http://buddypress.org/community/groups/loginradius-for-wordpress/

Since I run Buddypress and S2 Member on my site, I am wondering if a plugin designed to allow social log in for Buddypress would also allow it for s2m?

Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 9:01 pm #21443
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Angela,

If that plugin that allows social login plugin logs in using the WordPress database, then yes, it would work. If it uses another database it wouldn’t.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 4:30 am #23912

I am busy with developers to get this configured, there are a few problems however:

– Social registrations do not assign proper levels to S2member which causes problems on redirects to membership page (see this thread)

– Loginradius works with wp-signup.php which opens up to a whole bunch of spam, trying to get around that.

– Loginradius works well, but uses it’s own redirect’s and doesnt integrate with features like upsells and redirects on logins (which goes back to the first thread)..

Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 5:28 am #23913

Thanks for that update George. If there isn’t integration with social login within a couple of months, I fear we will have to move to another solution, as most customers now expect the ease of one-click login. The benefits for social promotion from a company point of view is also a strong motivator for allowing this kind of login.

Fingers crossed for a solution. :)

Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 8:53 am #32410
Nigel
Username: enquirer32

This was now 3 months ago and yes it is important! Thanks.

Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 8:58 am #32411

I have Loginradius working (after months and a few grand spent). It’s still not perfect though. Loginradius has it’s own redirect or stay on same page after registration function which tends to override what you specify in S2member.

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 9:21 am #33300
Nigel
Username: enquirer32

Can’t you specify a new page to redirect to e.g. the page that S2 specifies?

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 9:37 am #33301

yes, but then it’s fixed to that one page.

So if you’re doing one time offers etc, it’s not going to work.

I just pulled the plug on this, just couldnt take it any longer. The guys at loginradius are really great, but I had too many ongoing problems to keep this going.

It crashed my site the other day and some members had random attempts to use it which never worked.

Then after surveying my members, most said they didnt use it.

It was a costly exercise, but personally I had to let it go.

Also checkout this post…

http://blog.mailchimp.com/social-login-buttons-arent-worth-it/

Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 12:52 pm #44631
ben h
Username: wordsmith

George – I am about to go through a series of testing for LoginRadius and s2m… I was hoping to get your thoughts and advice so I don’t have to reinvent the wheel here.

You wrote:

– Social registrations do not assign proper levels to S2member which causes problems on redirects to membership page (see this thread)

– Loginradius works with wp-signup.php which opens up to a whole bunch of spam, trying to get around that.

Specifically, I don’t mind showing all users the same Login Welcome Page the first time they sign up. But after the user completes a certain action (ie: purchases my product), I will move them to a new level and thus, they will then see a new LWP.

Did you ever solve problem #1? That is, did you ever figure out how to show a different LWP to different level users who used the LoginRadius to sign up?

Lastly, you mentioned you had a spam problem. Can you elaborate on that. Thanks!

ben

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.