latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Fatal Error on Authorize.net form

Home Forums Community Forum Fatal Error on Authorize.net form

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 7th, 2012 at 12:08 am #4245
Nicholas Fox
Username: mrn3

I used the generator to a shortcode for my authorize.net form:

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level=”2″ ccaps=”” desc=”Preferred Package” cc=”USD” custom=”zilick.com” ta=”0″ tp=”0″ tt=”D” ra=”29.99″ rp=”1″ rt=”M” rr=”1″ accept=”visa,mastercard,amex,discover” coupon=”” accept_coupons=”0″ default_country_code=”US” captcha=”0″ /]

When I go to the page, I get a fatal error:

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /homepages/32/d208497108/htdocs/sites/zilick/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/authnet/authnet-form-in.inc.php on line 582

Any ideas? I commented out all the references to $_p[“s2member_pro_authnet_checkout”] in that file, and at least it displays the form, but it shows a bunch of variable names in the fields like %%variable%%. Any ideas?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 7th, 2012 at 9:16 am #4325
Eduan
Username: Eduan

This may be because s2Member got corrupted during installation.

Could you please try uninstalling s2Member, and reinstalling following the instructions on link:
http://www.s2member.com/pro/#!s2_tab_jump=s2-pro-install-update

You could also see this video on how to do this:
http://www.s2member.com/videos/B6EDD2F354B458B2/

Please note that at this time, this video is a little outdated, but the installation instructions are still correct.

Hope this solves your problem. :)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  Eduan.
Posted: Tuesday Feb 7th, 2012 at 11:11 am #4370
Staff Member

Yes, that would be very abnormal behavior.
It looks like files are corrupted to me. Also, what version of PHP are you running please?

Posted: Wednesday Feb 8th, 2012 at 10:02 am #4453
Nicholas Fox
Username: mrn3

Okay, thanks for the help. I simply installed the original s2member plugin (framework I guess you call it) by searching for it in the wordpress admin and clicking “Install Now”. Then, I downloaded the s2member pro zip file, unzipped it, and uploaded all the files to the plugins folder on my site. Other than this one page, it appears to be working fine. I ended up just going on that page and tweaking all the php code (commenting out and such) so that it just never requires calls to $_p[“s2member_pro_authnet_checkout”]. This seemed to work, but perhaps I am missing out on some functionality because of it (now it just replaces all the %%variables%% with “”).

So, I have a workaround, but it isn’t ideal. I might try to reinstall on a dev environment to see what happens.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 8th, 2012 at 10:12 am #4454
Staff Member

Hi Nicolas. Thanks for the follow-up.

I can assure you that this does NOT happen under normal circumstances, and the fact that it is occurring would suggest to me there is another underlying problem somewhere. The fatal error that you reported comes from this line of code in a default installation of s2Member Pro v111220.

$attr["coupon"] = ($_p["s2member_pro_authnet_checkout"]["coupon"]) ? $_p["s2member_pro_authnet_checkout"]["coupon"] : $attr["coupon"];

Have you done anything special with Coupon Codes maybe?

I would definitely go back to a default installation of s2Member Pro. Commenting out sections of code is going to cause you more problems than it resolves I’m afraid.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.