latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Fatal Error with S2Member. Website down!

Home Forums Community Forum Fatal Error with S2Member. Website down!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 3:23 am #42551

To whom it may concern,

Please can you help us immediately. We have had an inundation of s2 member spam registrations (1800+). Those spam registrations then created over 14,000 posts on our website. In order to begin to eliminate these spam registrations from continuing to happen, the very first thing we did right now was update the s2member plugin to the latest version.

Immediately after the plugin was updated we received the following Fatal Error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function current_user_is() in /home/content/08/9145108/html/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2hacks.php on line 5

Our s2hacks.php only has the following code on it:
<?php
add_action ('plugins_loaded', 'remove_s2_meta_box');
function remove_s2_meta_box()
{
if (!current_user_is('administrator'))
remove_action ('add_meta_boxes', 'c_ws_plugin__s2member_meta_boxes::add_meta_boxes');
}

Now the entire website will not work. If you go to http://www.thewaronevil.com the only thing you see is the fatal error message. There is now no ability to access the WordPress admin dashboard. As if things weren't bad enough with the inundation of spam registrations now this had to happen.

How do we fix this? We don't even know where to begin. Thank you for any and all of your assistance.

Sincerely,

Ed.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 1:18 pm #42595
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Ed,

It’s strange you get that error. I believe current_user_is() is actually a WordPress function…

Have you tried these common trouble shooting tips?:
Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

I believe you should be able to access the admin side. Going to http://www.thewaronevil.com/wp-admin/

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 2:06 pm #42603

I just had a similar error and got it fixed by going to my hosts Cpanel.
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/neilsons/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/menu-pages.inc.php on line 704
when I tried to add the jet pack; now I cant login or view my blog
http://neilsonsweb.com/blog
I went in to my hosts server side Cpanel and in the file manager tried renaming the file and was able to login
but then received these errors

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘c_ws_plugin__s2member_menu_pages::add_admin_options’ was given in /home/neilsons/public_html/blog/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie – headers already sent by (output started at /home/neilsons/public_html/blog/wp-includes/plugin.php:406) in /home/neilsons/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/associate_goliath/associate_goliath.php on line 377

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter – headers already sent (output started at /home/neilsons/public_html/blog/wp-includes/plugin.php:406) in /home/neilsons/public_html/blog/wp-content/plugins/associate_goliath/associate_goliath.php on line 377

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘c_ws_plugin__s2member_menu_pages::log_file_downloader’ was given in /home/neilsons/public_html/blog/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘c_ws_plugin__s2member_menu_pages::logs_zip_downloader’ was given in /home/neilsons/public_html/blog/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘c_ws_plugin__s2member_menu_pages::add_admin_styles’ was given in /home/neilsons/public_html/blog/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘c_ws_plugin__s2member_menu_pages::add_admin_scripts’ was given in /home/neilsons/public_html/blog/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406

In my case I was able to identify the plugins giving the errors… azon profit poster and another plugin called associate Goliath… two plugins having issue because of updates to clickbank and amazon..deactivated , notified the developer and now back to normal.
How this helps but it appears that your using multi site; (http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/) and I dont know anything about the theme or its plugins but Im posting anyway to give you an idea of where to start ….

Perhaps you could do the same .. go in from the cpanel manager side from your host and remove the plugin restore the site and go from there…
Cheers
John N

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 3:00 am #42666
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

The current_user_is() function, is an API Function provided by s2Member®. So if s2Member® is disabled (which it IS momentarily during an update of the plugin); you will see this error. The solution is to disable your s2-hacks.php file during the update. Or, to use a function_exists check before you use this function.

Ex: if(function_exists('current_user_is') && current_user_is())

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.