latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Feature Req – Edit Buddypress activation mail

Home Forums Community Forum Feature Req – Edit Buddypress activation mail

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  RossGrant 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jan 18th, 2013 at 11:44 am #38038
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Hey guys!

This isn’t an urgent request or anything, but it would be AWESOME if you guys could enable S2Member to edit the BuddyPress activation email from the email settings in the backend.

There are plugins available to do this, but they seem overkill and I wouldn’t want any conflicts with the super-smooth operations of S2Member.
Email deliverability is a HUGE issue for communities that have large numbers of sign-ups, and as my BP community has grown, I have found myself manually activating more and more accounts as activation emails hit junk boxes.

After speaking with Google and Hotmail even having DKIM, reverse DNS and SPF records in check, activation emails from BP are very often filtered due to their generic content.

A generic activation email for BuddyPress is ONE line of text and one link.

This flags up as almost certain spam for Google Mail and Hotmail – Yahoo tend to be better, but not 100%.

The companies advised that to avoid this, the content of the email should be changed.

If we could customise this email through S2Member – just like you guys allow for the standard WP sign-up email, then it would help ENORMOUSLY!

What do you think Jason? Is it something you could add?

Not sure how difficult it is, but Paul Gibb’s Buddypress welcome pack plugin allows it – I just think it would be better as a core part of S2?

Let me know your thoughts!

Ross :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 2:25 pm #38449
Staff Member

Hi Ross. I hope you’re doing well.

Gotchya. I’ll see what we can do :-)

FYI: Take a look at this service from Amazon. It can really help you reduce headaches with things like this.
See: http://aws.amazon.com/ses/

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 2:35 pm #38455
RossGrant

That would be awesome Jason.

I love amazon services, I’ll take a look at that!

Do you use SES?

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 5:41 pm #38501
Staff Member

Only recently. We’ve been having great success with it here at s2Member.com. Our deliverability rate from the forums and other transactional emails has greatly improved since we began using SES. Not only that, it just removes a lot of the headaches associated with maintaining a mail server yourself, in my opinion :-)

SES was recommended to me by Raam Dev (a Support Rep here at s2Member).

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 5:44 pm #38502
RossGrant

Nice one Jason, that’s awesome!

Haven’t got a clue how to set it up, but I’ll look into it now.

Did it take you guys long to switch over?

Would be great if it improves deliverability!

Thanks for the heads-up.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.