latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Features required

Home Forums Community Forum Features required

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 5th, 2013 at 12:35 am #53024
Shijith KU
Username: skuonline

Hi,

I would like to implement the following features in my site.
Please let us know which one you recommend, free or pro version.

1. I would like to implement 10 days free trial. No payment($0) is needed for the trial.
2. After 10 days, users need to pay $30 per month, recurring.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Shijith.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:08 am #53030
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

1. I would like to implement 10 days free trial. No payment($0) is needed for the trial.

Sure! The way you’d accomplish this depends on if you want the User to have to input credit card information to do their Free Trial. If you just want User to have a Free Trial when they first register, you can use the advanced attributes that are documented in this part of your Dashboard:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms

Here’s an excerpt:

*Tip (optional)* It is also possible to change the level=”0″ Attribute to something other than the default Level #0 (Free Subscriber). For example, if you need to, you can change it to level=”1″, attach Custom Capabilities with the ccaps=”” Attribute, and even limit this access to a certain timeframe with tp=”30″ tt=”D” (i.e. 30 Days)…

If you’d like your Customers to just have a free trial period before they are charged the first time, this is also possible. When you set up your Pro Form, you’ll have a section that looks like this that you can set that up with:

2. After 10 days, users need to pay $30 per month, recurring.

s2Member supports recurring billing. You can set up your Button / Pro Form to handle this automatically through PayPal or any of the other payment gateways s2Member supports.

See: Pre Sale FAQs » What payment gateways does s2Member® support?

Posted: Friday Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:47 am #53032
Shijith KU

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your response.

What will happen when the trial is expired, do users need to signup again or will they be charged automatically ?
Also can I implement this section using S2Member Free version ?

Regards,
Shijith.

Posted: Friday Jul 5th, 2013 at 4:49 am #53033
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

What will happen when the trial is expired, do users need to signup again or will they be charged automatically ?

If you use the first method I mentioned, the User is demoted or deleted, based on what you have set up in your Automatic End of Term settings.

If you set up a Free Trial before your subscription (i.e. the other method), then they will start being automatically charged after the trial ends.

Also can I implement this section using S2Member Free version ?

You can implement everything here except trial on registration (or the first method I posted) with the s2Member Framework. That requires Free Registration Pro Forms, which are only available with s2Member Pro.

Posted: Thursday Jul 11th, 2013 at 10:57 am #53300
Shijith KU

Hi,

I prefer to buy pro version.
Will the user need to enter his paypal details to signup for free trial, if we are using pro form ?

Thanks,
Shijith.

Posted: Saturday Jul 13th, 2013 at 7:15 am #53392

If you use a free registration pro-form with a trial term, the user would not enter any payment information, it’d be a registration form that gives him whatever access you specified (level, custom capability), for the term of the trial. Video » s2Member (Free Registration On Multiple Levels?)

When the trial ends, then he’ll be demoted to Level 0, if that’s what your EOT behavior setting is. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Jul 18th, 2013 at 8:13 am #53621
Shijith KU

Hi,

When purchasing the S2Member Pro, it asked me to provide main domain. My domain is aboutyourstartup.com. If I provide this as the main domain while purchasing a single site license, kindly let me whether I can use the plugin in a subdomain (like startup.aboutyourstartup.com).

I haven’t decided the subdomain yet. Please advise.

Thanks,
Shijith.

Posted: Friday Jul 19th, 2013 at 7:13 am #53681

Yes, that’s fine. You can update the domain name at any time in your profile. :)

Posted: Saturday Jul 20th, 2013 at 9:58 pm #53747

Is it possible to get a single-site license and top up later to a unlimited-site license?

When buying a unlimited-site license later is it possible to get the single-site license price deducted from it?

Thanks

Posted: Sunday Jul 21st, 2013 at 7:30 am #53760

Yes, you can get a single-site license and then upgrade to the unlimited-sites one paying just the difference. You’ll find the upgrade link in your My Account page. :)

Posted: Sunday Jul 21st, 2013 at 7:41 am #53761

Thank you for the response :)

One last question:

Is the coupon code still working on http://www.s2memberdiscount.com?
i can’t get it work.

If not will there be one before Christmas?

Posted: Sunday Jul 21st, 2013 at 7:52 am #53762

No, there aren’t coupons available right now and I don’t know if we’ll have any before Christmas.

Posted: Sunday Jul 21st, 2013 at 8:01 am #53763

Thanks a lot for the quick response :)

If I get the single-site license now and an unlimited-site license discount become available later.
Can I pay the reduced difference later?

Thanks

Posted: Sunday Jul 21st, 2013 at 9:02 am #53775

I’m not sure if upgrades get a coupon field, but if they do, the discount would be applied to the price difference you’re paying for the upgrade.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.