latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

File Download Count is Zero'd out.

Home Forums Community Forum File Download Count is Zero'd out.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Colin Prior 3 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Sep 24th, 2013 at 6:34 pm #59825

Hello;

I am finding that the Past and Current download counts are both being set to zero when a subscription expires.
Is this intended operation of the application?

Here is my issue.
Say a subscriber pays $100 for 120 downloads.
After the subscription expires they come back to me as site owner and say hey I only downloaded 2 packages.
Can you give me a credit against a future subscription?
The problem is that I can’t verify the claim as if I look at:
s2member_file_download_access_arc or s2member_file_download_access_log
They have both been zero’d out.
Surely that’s not correct for s2member_file_download_access_arc ??

Should the s2member_file_download_access_log not be moved over to s2member_file_download_access_log
when a subscription expires so that we can see all the past downloads?

Thanks Colin

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 25th, 2013 at 6:57 am #59854

The thing is that the restriction only keeps a count to make sure the user doesn’t go past his limit according to this setting: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Basic Download Restrictions[/hilite]

It’s not meant as a pay-per-view or something where a specific number of downloads is bought. It’s even unique downloads that are counted, not total.

So the count is not needed after the subscription ends, I guess that’s why it’s reset. The count is reset every time the period specified in the restriction ends, too.

I made a note of your request and we’ll try to add that in a future release of s2Member. Thank you for the feedback. :)

Posted: Wednesday Sep 25th, 2013 at 11:28 am #59874

Hi Cristián

Thanks for the reply and your offer to take this back to the dev team.

You wrote:-
So the count is not needed after the subscription ends, I guess that’s why it’s reset. The count is reset every time the period specified in the restriction ends, too.

That’s not really true though, its not simply a counter, its way more than that LoL its a list of all the files they downloaded. The fact that you even have 2 different access logs. one for the current term and one for the past terms makes a lot of sense. It seems logical to me that the current term is cleared and that the items there are swept into the past term log. It ought not to matter if the account is renewed before the current term expires or after.

The way it works now (as far as I can tell) is that if the subscription is renewed before the account expires then the download log is kept, but as soon as it expires both logs are cleared.

Hope that makes sense.
CP

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.