latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Finding Custom Field Info in DataBase

Home Forums Community Forum Finding Custom Field Info in DataBase

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 5th, 2012 at 9:08 am #7337

Hi :)

I’m attempting to create an efficient way to check for duplicate information submitted by my members in their membership info. In this case our user base is activating a membership for free when they submit their valid RegCode from our previous product. Users are great at submitting their codes in the registration form but I need to weed out duplicate code entries – to demote them.

Up until now i’ve exported the data (tedious when its 9000 members that all need to be current when checking duplicates every day) then i duplicate check in Excel and update the demotions manually in s2 on the site. : /

I’d prefer to view the database info as a whole and make changes live – (or at least perhaps export it as a whole section for quicker checking)
but i can’t seem to find where in the tables the custom field for RegCode %%reg_code%% is.

Can you please point me in the right direction for this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 3:38 am #7409

Hi Grace.

The custom fields are all stored together in the usermeta table as a serialized array. This post by Jason will give you more info and an example of how to query a field there: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15658&p=48878#p48878

That said, we’re planning that the coming major release of s2Member will make it possible to set a custom field as unique, so that users won’t be able to enter a value that was already entered in another account. This should help in your case.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 7:17 am #7442

Oh my gosh YES!! That would help tremendously cutting out so much manual daily cross checking WOOHOO!

Thank you :)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 11:38 pm #7520

:)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.