latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

First and Last name data import in Pro Forms

Home Forums Community Forum First and Last name data import in Pro Forms

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 25th, 2013 at 7:13 pm #43190
Sam
Username: schagpar

Hello,

I’ve just done a clean install of wordpress, our theme and now S2 member. Everything is working well except for one thing, the importing of first and last names into the wordpress user profile from the pro forms (all 12 levels). This error is not present in 3 or the 4 free registration forms. When this error occurs the user is also listed as subscriber and not by membership level as expected.

However, the data seems to be imported in some way because when I inspect the ‘Edit User’ feature under wordpress there is a menu item with ‘”display name publicly as:” and the first and last name do appear as an option here.

How can I fix this, is it in the settings somewhere?

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 26th, 2013 at 9:01 am #43229
Sam

I was reviewing the log reg-handler files and looking for differences between when it registers properly and when it doesnt. The only line of significance is this:
‘current_role’ => false, (in the logs when it didn’t work)
‘current_role’ => ‘subscriber’, (in the cases where it did)

Does this tell us anything significant?

Posted: Wednesday Feb 27th, 2013 at 7:47 am #43292

Hi Sam.

When you say import, I’m guessing you mean having the user registered in WordPress using the pro-form, you’re not referring to the User Import tool, are you? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Importation[/hilite]

Could you post the shortcode of the pro-form you’re having this problem with?

Also, what are your settings for the first and last names here? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite]

You say it’s a clean installation of WordPress with just s2Member and your custom theme. Could you change to the default theme and test again? Just want to make sure it’s not the theme conflicting here. Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips » Theme

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Feb 27th, 2013 at 11:06 am #43331
Sam

Hi Cristián,

I reverted to the default theme and am reproducing the error. And yes, when I referred to importing data I did mean registration directly through the pro form. Lastly, I double checked the settings for name collection and it is set to ‘YES, always collect names during registration’

The pro form shortcode I’m using is (with our site domain listed under custom):
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="6" ccaps="" desc="Support us for one year with $99" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="mysite.org" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="99" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="0" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" success="/thank-you"/]

I also received the error with this free registration form:
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="13" ccaps="" desc="Join the Movement" custom="mysite.org" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="0" success="/thank-you" /]

Interestingly, it works with this free registration form (identical except level):
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="1" ccaps="" desc="Join the Movement" custom="mysite.org" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="0" success="/thank-you" /]

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks
S

Posted: Thursday Feb 28th, 2013 at 5:46 am #43389

Thanks for the info.

I also received the error with this free registration form:
[[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="13" ccaps="" desc="Join the Movement" custom="mysite.org" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="0" success="/thank-you" /]]

You mentioned in the first post that you have 12 levels, but this pro-form is to register at level 13. Is this correct?

Could you submit your site’s info so I take a look at the installation, please? Thanks! s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Thursday Feb 28th, 2013 at 9:25 pm #43445
Sam

Thanks, we submitted login info a few hours ago but forgot to respond to your question regarding the levels. There are 16 membership levels, 4 free and 12 paid.

Thanks!

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 7:32 am #43589

Thanks. Got the email.

I tested the registration with the pro-forms for levels 1, 9 and 13, and they all went without a problem. The new accounts are in the Users list, with first and last names, and with the correct s2Member level.

Are you still having this problem? Could you give me a step-by-step to reproduce the problem please? Thanks!

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 5:35 pm #43641
Sam

Hi Cristián,

Sorry, I should have mentioned this before… when logged in (as an admin, or as s2 subscriber) you can create a new free account and it will register properly. However, when logged out (as is the case with new users, of course) we have the error.

In order to test the site while logged out you have to temporarily diable the coming soon mode by clicking the ‘coming soon mode active’ icon in the top right hand corner and unchecking ‘enable’. Please re-enable it before logging off, thanks.

Regarding the free levels it is only 13 we’ve had a problem with, but setting the paid ones to a penny and checking also shows the error.

Thanks again

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 9:13 pm #43818

Thanks for your patience.

Got it. I did what you said and registered with the Level 13 pro-form and the user was created at Level 0.

Did you only do the theme test or also the rest of the things suggested in the troubleshooting tips article? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

If you haven’t please do it. Regarding the plugin conflicts tests, remember you also have drop-ins and must-use plugins you’ll need to deactivate/remove. The drop-ins are all caching related, which may be causing trouble. Object caching in particular is highly suspect, since it’s known to cause trouble.

I hope that helps. Let me know how it goes. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.