latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

First/Last name values missing

Home Forums Community Forum First/Last name values missing

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 30th, 2013 at 3:45 am #46126

I’ve been trying to hunt this down for hours now and can’t seem to figure it out.

I just added a page with the free subscriber SC. When I fill out the form and submit, the first and last name values are missing from the new user, as well as any ccaps.

All of the custom fields are there and the EOT time is calculated and set correctly.

I went through registrations.inc.php and looked at the data coming out of the “ws_plugin__s2member_after_configure_user_registration” hook, and all the values are there and the logic flows into the update_user_meta for them as well. So I am assuming that there is something after this point that is resetting the values to blank, but I can’t seem to figure out how to debug this any further.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 30th, 2013 at 12:24 pm #46145

Update:

Seems like there are duplicate entries being recorded into the user_meta table.

This is what a few rows look like:

umeta_id user_id meta_key meta_value
3665 167 wp_capabilities a:2:{s:10:”subscriber”;b:1;s:45:”access_s2member_c…
3663 167 wp_capabilities a:1:{s:10:”subscriber”;b:1;}
3647 167 wp_capabilities a:1:{s:10:”subscriber”;b:1;}

3655 167 last_name
3654 167 first_name
3653 167 last_name Balboa
3652 167 first_name Rocky
3639 167 last_name
3638 167 first_name

Not sure what is causing the multiple entries, but I will continue to search.

BTW, this only happens with the free subscriber form (Authnet), I’ve been using the paid subscriber forms with no issue for the past 6 months.

Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 8:49 am #46196

Could you try the tips in this article? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Also, if you have a caching plugin, make sure object and database caching are disabled, they’re known to cause trouble.

Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 2:39 pm #46213

It hit me like a ton of bricks as soon as you mentioned object and database caching. It was the one thing I completely forgot that I implemented. And it made sense since my dev server wasn’t having the same problem, and that was the one difference.

It has been disabled and now the DB is acting normal again. Thanks for the assist.

For anyone who comes upon this, I was using the W3 Total Cache plugin.

Posted: Monday Apr 1st, 2013 at 1:25 am #46258

Thanks for the update. I’m glad you solved it! :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.