latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Fixed Renewal / Extend EOT

Home Forums Community Forum Fixed Renewal / Extend EOT

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 1:01 pm #44722

Hello,

Our client has a bit of an odd payment system wherein every members membership ends on December 31st and renewal is January 1st for every member. This means if you purchase in January, I want the EOT to only be until January, not a full year. Also, conditionally, if they purchase after September 1st (4th quarter), they give that member until December 31st the NEXT year, so I need it to make that EOT a year and some change.

Are there ways to customize EOT or am I limited to only the predefined EOT durations?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Mar 18th, 2013 at 10:09 pm #45102

Ah, yes, I’ve seen some site owners do something like this in the past. You can customize it dynamically with some PHP in your shortcode. Knowledge Base » Using Variables In A Shortcode

Posted: Monday Mar 18th, 2013 at 10:10 pm #45103
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello there,

There are ways to customize the EOT, you would simply go to edit the user and go under the s2Member section.

However, for new users I recommend another approach, have some code that calculates the days left to those dates and have it output that into the shortcode, instead of a set date.

Would that work for you?

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 9:05 am #45332

That would work, thanks! I found a list of short codes but I’m unsure which one sets how long the membership is extended by when you purchase/renew.

Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 2:58 am #45453

Well, you’d adjust the values of the shortcode attributes to achieve what you want.

I’m not sure how your membership subscription works, is it charged yearly? If so, you coud use the initial term for the days left in the current year, and then the regular term would be 1 Y (yearly). [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)[/hilite]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.