latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Force landing page to pay with Paypal account

Home Forums Community Forum Force landing page to pay with Paypal account

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 10:21 pm #53914

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 10:23 pm #53915

Also, I tried to see if I can set this up in my Paypal account… but no way…

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 10:24 pm #53916

Any help would be appreciated :)
I just purchased s2Member Pro, so I’m still configuring it and testing it on our website. And I really need the Paypal landing page to show login option by default…
Thank you!

Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 4:27 am #53957
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I’ve seen on many website, trying to checkout myself with express checkout, how when landing on the Paypal page, i’m offered directly to login with my Paypal account. Checking the Paypal API, i found that it can be done by passing “landingpage=Login” when requesting the Paypal Express checkout page… and i assume that in my case, it can be done only by s2Member and the way it communicates with Paypal…

If you want to add this to your URL, you can switch the Shortcode’s output attribute to url, and create a button out of the URL yourself, with this added to the URL.

Something like this:

<a href="[s2Member-PayPal-Button... output="url"]?landingpage=Login">My Button Goes Here</a>

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained) -› output

Posted: Friday Aug 2nd, 2013 at 7:31 pm #54795

Thanks Bruce! and sorry for not answering earlier… i though i would be notified if anybody replied but i didn’t get any email and just thought that i had no replies…

I cannot benefit from this solution because i’m using Paypal Pro forms… no buttons… and i’m the new released feature –Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro forms -› Wrapping Multiple Shortcodes as “Checkout Options”–
please see my test page on our website here: https://www.cleargreen.com/s2member/membership-option-page/membership-paypal-checkout-form

So I’m wrapping multiple checkout options that are displayed in a drop-down menu on my test page…

Any solution using the Pro forms?

Thank you so much!

Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 5:01 pm #55320
Bruce
Staff Member
Sorry about the delay in response. I’m taking a look at this now.
Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 5:25 pm #55322
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience.

I talked with Jason (Lead Developer) about this. Right now you’re going to have to edit line #151 of this file to accomplish this:

/s2member-pro/includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-checkout-in.inc.php

You’d change this line:

$paypal_set_xco["LANDINGPAGE"] = "Billing";

To this:

$paypal_set_xco["LANDINGPAGE"] = "Login";

Based on the documentation:

I’m submitting a change to the source code to add a filter to this file that will make it possible to change this via filter, as gone over in this article in the next release of s2Member so you don’t have to keep editing this file when s2Member gets updated:

Knowledge Base » Hacking s2Member® Via Hooks/Filters

I’ll update this thread when that’s done. Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 6:59 pm #55329
Bruce
Staff Member

I can confirm this will be in the next version of s2Member. When this is out, you can accomplish this by creating a Must-Use Plugin with the following code in it:

Knowledge Base » Hacking s2Member® Via Hooks/Filters
See Also: http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Bruce. Reason: Missing a comma
Posted: Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 2:41 pm #55583

Thanks Bruce!
I will let you know how it worked for me as soon as i test it
:)

Posted: Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 3:14 pm #55586

Worked like a charm!
The only thing strange is that i didn’t find this file “checkout.inc.php”…
i found this one instead: “paypal-checkout-in.inc.php” it has the extra “-in”… maybe you can explain why?
AND THANK YOU FOR INCLUDING THE MUST DO PLUGIN SOLUTION IN THE NEXT RELEASE!!!

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 5:22 am #55643
Bruce
Staff Member

The only thing strange is that i didn’t find this file “checkout.inc.php”…
i found this one instead: “paypal-checkout-in.inc.php” it has the extra “-in”… maybe you can explain why?

That’s my fault. I told you the wrong file name. So sorry about that. I’m editing my reply to reflect his.

Posted: Thursday Aug 15th, 2013 at 1:40 am #55813

Cool!
Hey… you guys are great :)

Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 6:38 pm #56184

Bruce please… can you edit the Must-Use code you gave above? you’re missing a comma after ‘s2hack_change_landing’

Tested the corrected code added to mu-plugins/s2hacks.php on the last version: s2Member® Pro v130816
IT IS WORKING PERFECTLY!
Thank you!

Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 11:14 pm #56193
Bruce
Staff Member

Bruce please… can you edit the Must-Use code you gave above? you’re missing a comma after ‘s2hack_change_landing’

Ah sorry about that! I must have deleted that while I was formatting it. I’ve changed it. Thanks so much for pointing that out!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.