latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Force SSL on register page

Home Forums Community Forum Force SSL on register page

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 3:51 pm #44742
Jesse
Username: jesse

I am trying to force SSL on the register page. Since this isn’t an actual page/post in wordpress I cannot seem to force SSL on it through custom fields or the HTTPS plugin. I have read through the posts about this topic with users asking about the edit profile question. I can’t seem to get it to work, how exactly do I use this:

s2member_force_ssl = yes

on pages that are not actually pages?

thanks,

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 11:14 pm #44877
TJ
Username: wellwater

Are you talking about the registration page that’s packaged with wordpress core? If so, this page details how you can force SSL for login and registration pages:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Administration_Over_SSL

Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 12:46 am #45123
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry. We are very sorry for the delay in reponse.

To enable SSL on a specific Post/Page, with s2Member, you will need to have an SSL Certificate for your site. You can then add the following to the Custom Fields area in your WordPress Add/Edit Post/Page section (you may need to enable this section in the Screen Options panel at the top right of your screen).

Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 4:59 pm #45185
Jesse
Username: jesse

I used TJ suggestion which worked great…. I cannot add custom field to the register page because it is not a page in the wordpress. Unless I am missing something.

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 3:00 am #45300
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I used TJ suggestion which worked great…. I cannot add custom field to the register page because it is not a page in the wordpress. Unless I am missing something.

Ah, you would have an issue if your checkout form was not on a WordPress Page. If TJ’s solution also forces SSL on this page, that should suffice.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.