latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Forcing A Specific Demotion Role

Home Forums Community Forum Unofficial Extensions/Hacks Forcing A Specific Demotion Role

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 12:56 am #6976
Staff Member

Hack Description

Many of s2Member's Hooks/Filters make it possible to customize things in more advanced ways, which might not be available yet through the s2Member UI panel in your Dashboard.

If you want to force s2Member's Auto-EOT System to demote paying customers back down to a specific Role, instead of the free "subscriber" Role that s2Member uses by default, you could use this hack to accomplish that.

Hack Instructions

Create this directory and file:
/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php
(these are MUST USE plugins, see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins)

<?php
	add_filter("ws_plugin__s2member_force_demotion_role", "my_demotion_role");
	function my_demotion_role($default = "subscriber")
		{
			return /* I say it is... */ "my_custom_role";
		}
?>

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.