latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Forgot Password e-mail is from WordPress

Home Forums Community Forum Forgot Password e-mail is from WordPress

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Dec 24th, 2012 at 9:10 am #35470
Buck
Username: stephenbuck415

Hi. I’ve just used the Forgot Password link on a couple test user accounts, and when I receive the e-mail to reset the password, it appears to be from WordPress and not the title of my site.

Where do I change the WordPress e-mail from sender title to the title of my site?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Dec 27th, 2012 at 2:45 pm #35556
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Buck,

The Lost Your Password feature is something that’s handled in WordPress’s processes. These processes are made within /wp-login.php, and you could edit them within this file. However, I would suggest using the ‘wp_mail’ filter instead. This filter is set up in /wp-inclues/pluggable.php on line 216.

Check this psuedo-code to get started:

add_filter('wp_mail', 's2hack_change_lost_password');

function s2hack_change_lost_password($vars) {
	if($vars['subject'] === 'Subject For Forgot Password') {
		// change the variable values
	}

return $vars;
}

You may also want to check the WordPress forums for info on if anybody else has done this in the past. I haven’t worked with doing this in the past, and I’m not sure exactly what is passed into the wp_mail() function.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.