latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

forgotten password notifaction not working pr

Home Forums Community Forum forgotten password notifaction not working pr

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 11:11 am #27451

Hi,

I have just spoken to a member who forgot their password, they clicked the forgotten password link and received an email notification, however it pointed them to the home page rather than a reset password page. how do I make this work properly?

Regards,

Mark.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:22 pm #27497

Hi Mark.

That is all handled by WordPress, not s2Member. I don’t know if there’s a plugin that alters the way the Lost Password tool works.

When the user enters his email address in the Lost Password form, WordPress will generate a new password and email it to him. The user is not returned to the Lost Password page, he has to find the new password in his email and go to the Login form instead.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Oct 5th, 2012 at 7:31 am #27562

Thanks Cristian,

It pointed me in the right direction and the issue is now resolved.

Regards,

Mark.

Posted: Friday Oct 5th, 2012 at 7:43 am #27567

Excellent. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.