latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

form content needed based upon access level

Home Forums Community Forum form content needed based upon access level

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 8:08 am #55282
Damian Jones
Username: aegis

My new membership site is for a club.
each level will give the user more digital products that are custom created based upon their info that we collect.

I need to get certain infrormation from them if they purchase level 1, then a little more if they purchase level 2, and a little more if they purchase level 3, etc.

Is this capable in s2Member or pro? I have pro, but cannot seem to figure out how to get this information in just a form style, not the membership registration page.

Also, if they need to update it, they would need to be able to change the information in those fields.
That is why I don’t know what I would use. If I used GravityForm, they could submit data, but not update it.

What option is there for s2member?
or is registration the only way?

What if they are upgrading from level 1 to level 2? they will never see the register form, instead they see the login form, s2member says. So if it is only available on the registration page, how can upgrade people fill out the required fields?

thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 8th, 2013 at 4:11 am #55390
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

or is registration the only way?

Yes, s2Member’s registration process is the only way to require a User fill out registration fields before paying for access. Users are required to fill out profile data when changing their password or other profile details but not during modification. The level-specific fields are designed for new registrations, so that you could do something like make sure that a User provides information if, say, they signed up for Free at level 0 and you wanted to make sure that they provided a favorite site.

If you have data that should be given to be used for a higher level, you should put it on all of your forms. If that won’t work for you, you’ll have to make custom changes to s2Member’s Pro Forms. You can check out information on doing that here:

Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.